Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am currently looking into getting lowering springs for my 11 XB. I do not know much about them and I was wondering what should I look for or what kind of info on springs can I read to tell what type of ride it will have once installed. I want to lower it between 1.5 / 2 inches but I would really like to not hurt the cars ride. Found a bunch of different types of springs on various websites but do not really know enough about them to make an educated decision on which ones to buy. If anyone has lowered there XB and seen improved or the same ride quality can you post on which products you used and how much lower your ride is? Thanks Wade

· Registered
151 Posts
It looks like the springs you need are the tanabe NF-210's. It lowers the car 1.0 in front and 1.7 in the rear. Just enough to take the ugly wheel gap away. I have 18" wheels and no rubbing issues. I think anything lower might give you some problems like the tanabe DF-210's.

The ride feels like stock, nice and soft, you can still throw all your s*** in the back and all your friends in the back and you wont rub.

If you wanna go for looks only and you dont really have people in your car that much then get the lower drop.

This is what my car looks like to give you an idea....

· Registered
783 Posts
i dropped mine on hotchkis, Front: 1.375" Rear: 2.25", and I had 5 people riding with me (6 total) on a 30 minute trip to Graduation Practice, with my 2 15's in the back, and I didn't rub. however, I did scrape the middle of my xB coming out of a gravel parking lot. (that sucked)

· Registered
647 Posts
hotchkis are very stiff and just about the lowest out there from my experience with them. I love my df210s, great ride, not stiff at all.
x2! I really am impressed with the ride height and ride quality of the DF's. I am running 17's though.

· Registered
647 Posts
Im on 18s WITH a 5 axis kit and I rarely scrape. I am very impressed with the ride and all around feel and look with these springs. love them.
Good to know because if/when I switch rims it will be to 18's.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dspeedy..... Great ride. I have some 18s on order and am currently contemplating the DF's i dont want to rub! what size tire is yours wrapped in?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.