Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update!

I just uploaded two compressed files that contain the previous information, plus good additional information on the engine, transmissions, clutch, and other miscellaneous data from a Camry site. It gets into the details.

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.zip from FileFactory.com (96MB)

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.7z from FileFactory.com (79MB)

======================Previous======================
Cheers -- I just added a .zip version of the collection of 2008/09/10 xB tech files to FileFactory.com. It consists of a stack of info that was circulating earlier (xB_Tech.zip), plus more files I obtained myself (a number of additional EWD files plus the accessory installation files).

Here are links for the .zip file (Win and Mac compatible) and also the .7z version (more efficient) and associated unpack utility and unpack documentation. Both files provide the same result.

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles.zip from FileFactory.com (64MB)

Download 2008xBschematicsEtc.7z from FileFactory.com (52MB)
Download 7zipfree_8675.exe from FileFactory.com (2MB)
Download 7zUnpackInstructions.txt from FileFactory.com (1KB)

Hope you guys find it useful -- sure helped me !

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: 2nd Gen xB Tech files -- added .zip file

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts

Thanks, I think.. did not appreciate the adultfriendfinder ad, though.

Be warned if you have young children in the house. You may get a provocative pop-up!

·
Registered
214 Posts

thanks doo

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

boblamb58 said:
Thanks, I think.. did not appreciate the adultfriendfinder ad, though.

Be warned if you have young children in the house. You may get a provocative pop-up!
Which download gave you that? Never saw any popups myself!

PS. The only executable I'm providing is 7zipfree_8675.exe. Neither the .zip (from jZip) nor the .7z file contain executables. Just a thought, but I think it likely your popup experience had nothing to do with these files. Including myself (I tested both), there have been over 33 downloads of the .7z and over 15 of the .zip with no other complaints mentioned. I also ran and installed 7zipfree_8675 on my system and there were again no popups.

FWIW: I regularly run AdAware on my systems and if you don't, perhaps you just need to do some system cleaning.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts

OK, here's what I just did (again to check), and I got the same exact results.

Clicked on the first zip file. Took me here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b06d9hd/n/2008_09_10xBTechFiles.zip

Scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page and clicked the "download with file factory basic" button.

After that I was presented with a countdown timer. When it got to "0" I again had to go to the bottom of the page.

Clicked on the "Download with Filefactory Basic " link.

One of those steps got me the pop-up... I think it was during the countdown ..

And the third time nothing happened. I was trying to figure out which step exactly got me the pop-up, but I am thinking it only comes up once a browsing session.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Wow, so you're saying you got it during FileFactory.com access? They're a well recognized and respected file upload/download site. Again, if you haven't done a cleaning pass on your system recently (AdAware free version is pretty darned good), I'd definitely give it a shot. Again, go with the free version, it works fine for typical home guy usage :)!

http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php

PS. I've downloaded from FileFactory.com four times so far (once per file as a test), and have had no strange popup issues.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts

Wow, weird... I didn't get the pop-up the 3rd time I tried.

Guess I'll try running ad-aware. Haven't had to do that in a long time, but Ill give it a whirl and see what (doesn't) happen.

Update: tried it using Firefox, got this pop-up::: http://scoringchicks.com/a/subnn.php?sub=ffusa

·
Registered
214 Posts

try Opera. no pop-ups

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

boblamb58 said:
Wow, weird... I didn't get the pop-up the 3rd time I tried.

Guess I'll try running ad-aware. Haven't had to do that in a long time, but Ill give it a whirl and see what (doesn't) happen.

Update: tried it using Firefox, got this pop-up::: http://scoringchicks.com/a/subnn.php?sub=ffusa
Defnitely try cleaning your system -- I think it's been seeded :)!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts

OK, ran Ad-aware. This time I got one of those annoying "participation required" ads that to me seem bogus.
When I tried it using Firefox yesterday, I did it from work. They have all sorts of firewalls running there.

At least the semi-pron didn't pop up this time around.

I still think it's great of you to offer the files...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks dude! I'm sorry you're running into that problem, but I really don't know what I can do to help. I've been majorly hassled in the far past with insistent X to XXX sites and I've had to engage in major surgery to clean out systems. However, I've personally seen no problems associated with this server and my choice was based on online reputation, plus my personal upload/download experience.

These days, it's my impression one has to cleanse ones system regularly, both for viruses and advertising annoyances. It's been years since I last had a serious popup problem, but I tend to be suspicious of what I consider peculiar online behavior. Only once was it so bad I gave up and re-installed the system :(! Again, I'm very sorry you're experiencing a difficulty, but I'm not yet clear it's the fault of the file server.

Best -- Trevor

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts

I guess it's just my bad luck. I run anti-virus, have a firewall. I did run the Ad-Aware and it claims it cleaned out stuff.
At least the last pop-up ad was relatively innocuous.

And I'm pretty careful about what I click on on web sites, too.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Sorry Dude :(!

FWIW -- there are a total of 91 individual downloads of those files so far, and no other reported popup complaints.

By the way, just a thought, but it might be a service to the membership to sticky this thread.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Hey mods -- the total individual file download count is now 91. Sure you don't want to sticky this thread? The only thing that keeps those links alive is downloads. What do you say?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts

Didn't realize it wasn't already . . .
It is now.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts

Trevor, many thanks for doing this. :notworthy:

I downloaded the files, so I'll have them when we need the answer to something...then, lo and behold, hubby asks me about getting info about wiring my new speakers. I just happily go to the tech files all nicely stored in my docs and print them out for him. Could it be any easier?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

That's great :)!

They're one of those things that don't really seem too important until you have a need, and then, all of a sudden, they're worth their weight :)! I'm currently using them to help me extend my security system. A really nice set of files to have around.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts