Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a half-decade since I picked up my xB in Greenwood, SC. On June 1, my son (3 at the time) rode with me to Greenwood with my Father-in-Law to pick it up. From there, we went down to Atlanta through the country. Once there, we picked up my parents and went to Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves.

Since then, it's been in a more than a dozen states, and several "incarnations" of style and theme.

At this mark . . . I am adopting a visual symbol, marking what it has actually become: a phoenix, re-emerging again and again as something new, reborn.

It's been a GREAT 5 years.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What's YOUR story?

·
Registered
123 Posts
well i bought my car a year ago (2012 brand new). And since then im in love with my XB. I drive everyday, put already 40k miles....but when ppl r checking my car out tht makes me very happy. And im glad im the owner of XB. I drive to PA, Washington DC almost every other month. Once in a while i drive to New York. And i just cant stop improving my Xb, everyday im in search of another mod. Just ordered rear spoiler, front lip kit, led lights and when i get extra money will get my exhaust system. :cheers:
By the way this week 7,8,9 of June will be Scion show in Ocean City MD. but unfortunately i have work all day. if i get a chance ill take some pictures.

·
Registered
595 Posts
i have been in the SCION scene since 10/05 thats when i purchased a 2006 xb then traded it in 01/08 for a 08 xb that got repo 5/09 from my ex's posetion. i have purchased other cars but from 12/08-7/12 almost 5 years with out a SCION i said to myself i wanted another Xb2 so i searched and bam there she was sitting at Duarte Performance Nissan they wanted me to buy a Nissan Sentra Base model due to my poor credit i said **** no. so i asked how much i needed to take the xb2 home, next thing you know 2hrs later i was driving home and straight to modding the car. As soon as i parked it in the port HID's went on and hubcaps came off and i have been happy ever since almost a year later the modding hasn't stopped

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been through 22 cars (32 cars including ones i've purchased for my wife). Anything from convertible Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbos, to Civic Si's, to VW 20th AE GTI's, Suby WRX's, And on and on and on, and I've had the most fun with my Scion xB's.

I traded in my 2003 WRX for my first Scion, which was a 2006 Polar white xB. Talk about a power difference! LOL! But there was something about that boxy style that I always liked, and with premium gas well over $4/gallon at the time, it was hard for me to keep up with the cost of fuel in my little turbo beast, so I dumped it off for a high mpg vehicle instead. I was hooked! I drove my 06 for 2.5 years, which was a record for me keeping cars, until a business owner for a local car audio shop offered to buy it from me to use as his promo vehicle. I didn't plan on sellling my xB, but I accepted as I had my sites on a 2004 RS1 in that amazing Hot Lava (which wasn't for sale btw, but anything is for sale at the right price ;) ). After selling the 06, I went to the owner of the 04 RS1 and made him an offer that he accepted.

Unfortuneatly I only had the RS1 for less than a year, when a young driver ran a stop sign and t-boned me, putting it out of commission. I was bummed but since nobody was injured in the accident (including my kids in the back seat), I couldn't complain too much.

Shortly after, I spotted a 2008 RS5 for sale and picked it up. I was pretty impressed with the added options and power difference from the xB1 to the xB2, and that Gold Rush Mica is awesome! Well, at least I thought so, my wife didn't think it was all that great. LOL.

As much as I like the Gold Rush, I really love the Voodoo Blue. I sold my RS5 to a guy at Dutch Bros Coffee, who would comment "dude, sell me your xB" everytime I went through the drive-through, so that was a quick sale when I told him I was selling it! LOL

I drove over 300 miles to pick up my RS8 last September. It was 100% stock, which is perfect for me, so I can modify and customize as I see fit.

I see myself in this RS8 for a long time, and I plan on adding another RS1 and RS3 to my collection. The RS8 needs some younger siblings :)

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
My Gen2 love started in Sep of 07 with an accidental test drive. I was in the market for a Rav4/CRV type vehicle and while at a local dealer the FTM caught my eye and i took it for a drive on some mountain roads. i was impressed with the get up and go, handling, roomy interior and the field of view out the windshield.

It took me over a year before i caught the modding bug and then it was AWN!

I drove about 8 other cars that day and that box stuck in my mind. Stopped at another dealer who had a NMB on the lot. Took that B for a highway drive and bought it. The first 6 months of owning the car i saw maybe 6 other Gen2s including a 2000 mile round trip to MO.

I had put 114k on my 08 when a buddy announced he was having a Sciko meet at his dealership about 4 hours away and they were giving away an xbox 360. It was a week before xmas and i figured the chances were pretty good. I spent 3 hours in the same room with that Voodoo blue box just taunting me. Called my bud the next day and told him to run the numbers for me. They came back favorable, i went from Scions lowest tier to their highest meaning i could borrow more with lower payments.

So #74 was mine! drove it for 8 months before some idiot rear ended me. the B should have been totaled. i had already put 25k miles on it and the final repair bill was over 17k. It took 3 months to get fixed and it was better then ever! I had the body shop delete the emblems and fill in the holes and delete the reflectors for a nice custom rear. i drove it for 8 days before i was the idiot that did the rear ending. Luckily the dealer that repaired my box still had one in the showroom (an internet search only showed 5 in the country) That led me too #72 which by the way has 57k miles on it now. That puts me at 196,000 miles in a B!

i also have a soft spot for the gen1s now and would love to own one of the first 3 RS's in the future.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I got mine xB2 in Feb of '09 after having a '00 Tundra. With a diagnosis of vertigo, I no longer could do home improvement,so I traded in the pickup on the B. After all the paperwork, I finally paid 12K and was out the door. Now the last mod is the sub, and I still love this wagon. I was sitting in the B the other day at a local shopping mall,when a young fella and his mom walked by. The expression on his face said "I like the way the 'B looks". I commented to them as they walked by"I'm retired and it's my toy" and we all laughed.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
In the 4 years that I have been able to drive I have owned 6 cars and a street bike. Most of them, I bought with intention to resell. I owned a chevy malibu for about 2 years before it started needing work that I didn't want to do. I paid 5800 and sold it for 4800 two years later after putting on 67 000km ( 42000 miles).
I bought a fiero to tinker with but got too busy with school and made 1100$ on it.
I then bought my lancer ralliart as a temp while I was looking/waiting for a (rare in canada) scion xb. I put 25 000km on it last summer and sold it for a profit of $ 2000 to help pay for my B.

I was on my way to calgary (7 hour drive) to visit my girlfriend and also look at a yellow 2006 xb (I could only find 2 xb's in my province for under $10 000). I had been contacting the guy all week about it and on the way down to calgary was trying to get a hold of him. 2 hours before calgary he messaged me and said "if your not f'ing serious about buying it then f off" to which I replied "I have been trying to get ahold of you all day". He never answered me. About am hour from calgary I noticed that a dealership had posted a 2008 rs 5.0 with 54 000 miles a few minutes before. I picked up my girlfriend, and went and test drove it and was sold on it. I argued for an hour down to $ 9800 taxes and everything included. I went to the bank the same day and bought it. I took some pictures and sent it to the [email protected]# I was messaging and said "I was serious"
The had to replace a control arm on it during the time they had it, it received major hail damage., and after fighting them and talking to my lawyer and the better business bureau the dealership wouldn't give me my money back but agreed to a full resto with new panels rather than bondo. I bought the car jul 31 but didn't get to take it home until nov 28.

But I have been happy ever since!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.