Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever run 5w-30 in their xb? I have some Castrol GTX 5w30 that I had bought for my Jeep Wrangler, but then wound up trading it in on my XB and was wondering if I could use it in the Scion? I've only got 8000miles on it and don't wanna do anything to hurt it, but I figured if I can use the 5w30 in it, I'd like to atleast do it during the summer yet when I don't have to worry about cold starts.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Scion recommends 0w-20 or 5x-20.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Actually, it's one year. There are two free service visits and they recommend you use them within a year of purchase. I have to go every six months because there is no way I can put 5,000 miles on my car in six months. As hot as it is here, I don't think the 5W-30 would hurt for one change. It is fossil, syn-blend, or synthetic?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Actually, it's one year. There are two free service visits and they recommend you use them within a year of purchase. I have to go every six months because there is no way I can put 5,000 miles on my car in six months. As hot as it is here, I don't think the 5W-30 would hurt for one change. It is fossil, syn-blend, or synthetic?
It may have changed recently. I got mine with Scion Service Boost with 2 year 25,000 mile road side assistance, tire rotation, and oil changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.