Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5zero4 Build Thread

So I got my 2012 XB in December last year.

I got the dealer to add the TRD lowering springs and 18" TSW Nurburgring wheels so I could add it to the financing.

How it stood the day I got it.

Thought I would wrap the mirror caps red and added some kangaroo decals (I'm Australian).

Thought I should put my business logos on the side too.

Added some LED DRL's up front.

Made a rear bumper protector that actually protects the top of the bumper and blacked out my badges with plastidip. I also plastidipped the rear cargo area panels so they dont scratch so easy. Then I installed my ebay wing and smoked my tail lights.

Made some armrest pads for the doors.

Got a TRD badge for the rear from ebay... not the best quality, but for $10 it will do.

Oh, and I got this sweet crack the other day. Son of a ***** means I'll have to get a new windshield with my side skirt money!!! And with only 6000 miles on it. Never had a crack like this from such a small stone chip.

·
Registered
124 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
152 Posts
we bought our car with some sort of windshield coverage.... we got 2 years worry free according to the paperwork. Just followed up on it friday, and still have a year to go. And we bought wheels tires with my wife's car, coverage for 7 years or 75k miles..... No out of pocket.... I think we paid an extra 60 bucks for that and 2 more insurance deals including credit life..... we paid up front so none was in financing too. DEAL!

Car looks sharp. Wish I had more money to dump into mine, but we just got "in-laws" permanently.... gotta sit back and see what kind of financial damage will be done first.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I really -LOVE- the look of the graphics on this car, you did a really nice job bringing all the elements together into one package! The black and red accents on the white is very eye-catching. Tasteful and looks great! Well done!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Looks good.
I esp. love the red mirrors and Kangaroos. The Roo placement is similar to my own Pegasus stickers.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are those the 2013 LED DRL? Where can I find a pair that fit my 2011? And if those are from the dealer, I keep reading a few reviews that they don't really shine bright, Do they help much at night?
No these are home made. They are 8mm LEDs from eBay, that I drilled and wired into the factory trim peice. . They don't help at all at night as far as helping the light output. It's more for helping other cars see me until I notice my headlights aren't on. And looking cool. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
68 Posts
The look great man. How did you wire them up? Did you just run them to a switch inside? Any chance you can take some pics of them up close. I would like to wire some up myself. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
oh, i meant to add, check your ins policy. unbeknownst to me at the time my policy has windshield coverage included. they will send someone out to fix a chip for free or if it needs replacing it is a $100 deductible vs my regular deductible.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh, i meant to add, check your ins policy. unbeknownst to me at the time my policy has windshield coverage included. they will send someone out to fix a chip for free or if it needs replacing it is a $100 deductible vs my regular deductible.
I checked. Mine doesn't cover it. Sucks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The look great man. How did you wire them up? Did you just run them to a switch inside? Any chance you can take some pics of them up close. I would like to wire some up myself. Thanks!
They come with about 8 inches of wire already attached. You just drill an 8mm hole and insert them from the back. Silicone them in place and wire all the negatives together and the positives together, then link the left and right side together, then run that to your power source. I used an add a circuit and put in the fuse box under the hood in the ecu fuse. They are on all the time while the engine is running. Not sure on the legality of that, but I have had no problems with the cops so far. You also want to get 140 degree 1w LEDs. Mine are 40degree 0.5w and they aren't very noticeable in the sun and only from straight on. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1368129979.001813.jpg

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
1 - 20 of 114 Posts