Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I've seen the new color, but am not aware of transmission changes. Hubby's XRunner is six speed. Hasn't really helped much with mileage numbers because the lower gears are short. I like the idea, but this car is really light and six speeds for a four banger just seems a bit much.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
xBomb said:
toyota dealer told me about a whole new car that scion and subaru are supposed to be working on...are you ready for this...AWD, 3.8L !!! maybe this would explain the 6 gears?
Last I heard it was going to be RWD not AWD. Also it will be a toyota not a scion, as I have been told, because it will be beyond the 20k price range and Scion's stay below that price.

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
scion said:
I would like to see a Constant Velocity Transmission used in the Scion. My son's Nissan is smooth and quiet. It would also eliminate that gear hunting in overdrive.
CVT would be nice. Drove a Ford Freestyle with one last fall when we were looking to replace the station wagon. There was NO jump at all during acceleration.

· Registered
741 Posts
Here is an ad for a 2010 Manual Transmission. Says it's a 5 speed.

2010 Scion xB

About This xB
Mileage: 15
Body Style: Wagon
Exterior Color: Sizzling Crimson
Interior Color: Dark Gray
Stock #: 6029123
VIN: JTLZE4FE8A1099315

Engine: 2.4L
Transmission: MANUAL 5SPD
Seller's Notes: , Price excludes tax, title, tags and $99 service fee (not required by law).
Not exactly what you're looking for? We can find what you want.
Give us a call at 888-609-1788, or select your own options and colors.

· Registered
741 Posts
The above Ad was on Cars.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.