Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I think I might be awake enough to get this going.

As some of you may know, eviljack and I went to the Scion United event this past weekend in Boulder City , Nevada. We drove from pretty much the most eastern part of PA you can get to across the lower part of the USA all the way to Las Vegas. I thought I saw eviljack list the states, but to recap: Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and finally Nevada. That was on the way there. On the way back, my GPS decided to take us through the center of the country by way of Nevada, Utah, Colorada, Kansas, then back the way we came beginning with Missouri. We met back up with our starting route right around St. Louis.

In all, almost 75 hours and nearly 5000 total miles. We took the car to the Toyota/Scion dealar in Vegas to get his first oil change, as we had reached the 5k mark as we pulled into town. There we met up with 24kbox, who very graciuosly came and got us from a Subway a mile or so up the road, where we had gone to eat lunch while we waited for the car to be serviced. I cannot say enough thanks, especially since she came and picked up 2 guys she had never met in person. As we walked up the road looking for food, we came across an RS4.0 xB for sale in a Nissan dealer's lot. It looked mighy sharp. A salesman came out and actually tried to sell me the car, even after I explained that I had just bought an xB in November and was nearly 2500 miles from home.

Riding in the xb for all that time was a lot easier than you might think. We did discover that a pillow was needed to be able to lay the seat back almost flat and be comfortable, too. I ended up using my hooded sweatshirt and eviljack used his cloth jacket. On the morning of our second day back, I crawled into the back seat and laid down. It wasn't too cramped, I'm kinda short at 5'6", but the arm rest kept jamming into my head, so a good sized pillow would have come in handy there. I was not able to stretch out, but that was not an issue for me. I did end up back in the passenger seat at one point, though.

I am working on getting pictures online, but as there are 460 of them, it's going to take a while. I'll post that link once I get things organised. I have some from the trip out, some of Las Vegas itself, some of the Scion Untied event, and some of the trip back. Also got a couple of short video clips I'll be uploading to youtube.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
callmemrbill said:
Cant wait for those pics and stuff. Good times it sounds like.
It was fun, but oh so tiring. I got to work at 3 yesterday, and by 4:30 I was half asleep, and begging to go home.

I got the pics all up on webshots.. all in one album. None of them are organised, but do follow a timeline from Wednesday until Monday evening before the sun went down. I will eventually be moving them to more appropriate albums, but if you want the whole shebang, here you go:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563529435XqhzOF

·
Registered
62 Posts
boblamb58 and gang. It sounds like a blast overall. Wish I could get out on a trip like that.

I started looking at the shots and realized it is almost 11:00 PM here in Ma. Same in PA. I believe. Glad to hear from all of you. Now get some sleep! :rolleyes: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That scenery out west, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado... The pictures cannot possibly convey the beauty of it all. It's something you just have to see in person to fully appreciate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow just finished going through all those photos. Looks like lots of rain mixed with great sucess and sunshine. I stole some for my picture files. When I do that, you know I liked the picture. :yes: :lol:

Great trip everyone. Loved it! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.