Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, had to :rofl:

Saw an awesome dash paint job on another forum and was inspired. Granted this is a work in progress but so far so good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
minor lighting mod to the vents, addding some silver accents to the dash and doors as well as looking at changing out the black fabric on the doors. Still debating on which model of the Parrot bluetooth I want and where I want to mount it

·
Registered
141 Posts
when you painted the gauge face plate did your mileage range change from 305 to 265? Unplugged my gauges to paint and now I only get 265 on a tank of gas?? Confused and dazed!!! :mad:
Solution if there is one??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
lvbitwiz said:
Sorry, had to :rofl:

Saw an awesome dash paint job on another forum and was inspired. Granted this is a work in progress but so far so good.

images removed....
WOW! very very nice. I like the choice of color!

·
Registered
162 Posts
i did my paint job myself!

cost me about $5 for a can a paint and like 2 hrs to do the whole thing (takes long to properly dry)

to paint, it tells you exactly how to do it on the can

i didn't know how to pop off the plastic trim on the steering wheel.
i tried and tried and couldn't. :mad:

but i did the gauges, air conditioner circle things and by the knobs and the shifter trim thing too.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
rswscion08 said:
when you painted the gauge face plate did your mileage range change from 305 to 265? Unplugged my gauges to paint and now I only get 265 on a tank of gas?? Confused and dazed!!! :mad:
Solution if there is one??? :confused:
i think the fuel estimator changes over time as it adapts to your normal driving and if you are getting longer ranges, it will eventually go up. it is also seems to be based initially on city type driving as far as range estimates...

try this out:

check the range after you fill up before a long drive on freeway and write down your mileage range and then set one of your trip meters to '0'.

at end of trip, check range miles that are left and subtract from original range reading. now check your trip meter - if you were driving at good speeds with little traffic, chances are you have traveled further than the difference indicated when subtracting the original range reading...

if you had been doing a lot of hard city type driving, your range would be reduced instead of increased...

·
Registered
141 Posts
you do not have any idea how hard it is to match Blackberry crush!! had to use a custom shop and get formula! est price is around 30.00 a PINT!! Red is the most expensive to mixand nothing in stores matches that good!!!! :mad: Oh well there is always the rebate check :D

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Hey have you already got it painted to match? Cause you could just go to patterntek.com. They will actually color match it based on the paint code. Then you send them the parts and they dip it and it coats its. I am actually planning on having somethings done when I get back from Nevada. Including the Key fobs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
interior paint, ok, but what brand? I was in pep boys and autozone and they had the plastic paint, I think it was Krylon, but the blue didn't look like that. I have the same steeering wheel cover you do, and want to match the blue to it. They had a metalic paint that looks like a match, but it was for metal. Did you use that?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just painted my dash, but I used Krylon plastic paint and while it looks good, mine doesn't look as mettalic as your. Oh well. Oh and to get the steering pieces of, you have to disconect the neg on the battery. Then if you look on the sides of the steering wheel you'll see two holes with a funky screw head. I forget what their called, but get you a matching screwdriver and the unscrew them. Their pretty tight. Once their loose you can pull you airbag off. ( FYI the screws don't come out ) after the bag is off you'll see the screws holding the silver pieces on. It was kind of tricky getting the switch apart, 2 screws hold it together and to get it out you have to take it apart, just don't lose any of the small parts! I never did figure out how to take the plastic volume and the other piece off, so I just taped them up and painted, If I knew they would'nt come out I never would have taken the dumb switch apart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts