Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Fifty bucks for running a red light in Manhattan!!?? That's A DEAL! You can't even park in the city for fifty bucks!

Even so, that sucks. I lived in Manhattan for 3-1/2 years. Cabbies consider traffic lights merely a suggestion.

· Registered
637 Posts
jrl91789 said:
callmemrbill said:
Boy Utah should start doing that for people who run red lights. If they did they could probably pay down the national deficit since 3-4 people run through a red light all the time.
Mr. Bill for PRESIDENT!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Write it in, I am on the Sith Lord Party, Reisitance is Futile!!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

· Registered
281 Posts
So, for fifty bucks you got a truly unique souvenir action shot of your XB, provided by the City of New York?????? I'd frame that puppy if I were you. :D

· Registered
613 Posts
I got tagged for $95 while driving through Tennessee on my way to Myrtle Beach SC...
start crankin' the JUDAS PRIEST...
BREAKIN' THE LAW...BREAKIN' THE LAW... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

· Registered
141 Posts
I can top all yous! Have you EVER seen a right turn red arrow on a freeway on ramp? Well, I never until one day....... and then I stopped (Law abiding citizen that I am) and then turned. Oh noooooo, the cops were waiting for me and 8 of my fellow drivers and it cost me not $100, not $200 but $402!!!! And the week after I paid the darn ticket, they removed the right turn red arrow........... gggrrrrrr! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :mad: :confused: :confused: :dontgetit: :dontgetit:

AND, I did NOT get a picture with that ticket.........

· Registered
281 Posts
Chris-ib said:
I can top all yous! Have you EVER seen a right turn red arrow on a freeway on ramp? Well, I never until one day....... and then I stopped (Law abiding citizen that I am) and then turned. Oh noooooo, the cops were waiting for me and 8 of my fellow drivers and it cost me not $100, not $200 but $402!!!! And the week after I paid the darn ticket, they removed the right turn red arrow........... gggrrrrrr! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :mad: :confused: :confused: :dontgetit: :dontgetit:

AND, I did NOT get a picture with that ticket.........
$402????? Are you sure you didn't run over one of the cops or something? :eek:

· Registered
141 Posts
OK, Your right. It wasn't $402. I looked in my check book under San Diego Superior Court and it was only $401. For that much money I would have liked to have gone like a million mph over the speed limit or something exciting. BTW, cost of living is higher in San Diego too and our gas cost more. I wanted to go fight it but my boss said she wouldn't let me off work to go to court. So I put a hex on her and now she's got a big wart on her nose. :naughty:

· Registered
141 Posts
I know! And I didn't even kill anybody or even endanger anyone! I think it is a total set up money making deal and I was so PO'd when I heard they took the red arrow out and put in a good olde fashioned red light (and there is no sign that says "no right turn on red). I felt like they were out to get me. But beware, it's in the CA drivers handbook, I looked when I got back to work. You can not make a right turn on a red arrow. It is still the only one I've ever seen. All the other intersections where they do not want you to turn right on red have a regular red light with several big signs that say "no right turn on red". AND, it's the only ticket I've ever got in my entire life, my whole life! :rolleyes:

· Registered
613 Posts
Chris-ib said:
... AND, it's the only ticket I've ever got in my entire life, my whole life! :rolleyes:
that ticket would make me a better driver too... :D

G

·
Ever since i got my speeding ticket a month ago I drive really slow sometimes below or right at the limit ppl pass me all the time now, it pisses me off!

· Registered
1,707 Posts
Wave Rider said:
Ever since i got my speeding ticket a month ago I drive really slow sometimes below or right at the limit ppl pass me all the time now, it pisses me off!
eh, that only lasts for awhile...you'll be getting on it again soon.! Getting passed sux! I am a passer...not a passee!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.