Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
1 and 7, I'm not sure aobut the rest.

For MPG, I reset the trip odometer (I use A) at every fill-up. I also try to fill it up, although once in a while that's not possible. All you need to do is divide the miles driven by the amount of gas you put in. I keep track of mine in Excel and let Excel do the calculating. This way it give me long-term MPG, which is a better indication of MPG then a single tankful.

Instantaenous.. I have no idea how that's specifically calculated, but I am sure the RPMs and MPH are 2 of the factors used in this calculation. Average is just that.. I am pretty sure it uses the instantaneous and milage since any reset for that calculation.

I have found that my xB MPG is showing about 1.6 more MPG than actual.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
L0stS0ul said:
For the navigation system. I'd say skip it. You can buy a stand alone garmin for a lot cheaper and it's a much much better gps device. These built in gps system just don't compete with the stand alone ones.

From what I understand you have to make sure when they put the new tires on the new rims that they use the valve stems from the original tires. I believe that is where all the technology is for the tire monitor.

IMHO the instantaneous MPG thing is not that useful. It fluctuates continuously from 10mpg up to 100mpg on my car. I usually leave mine on the time and only check the trip computer when I have a need to.

My built in MPG checker is about 1 mpg off as well from my checks. Last tank it said I got 31 MPG but when I calculated it myself it was 29.8 mpg.
My best tank so far.. 27.6 (once) ; average over 7k miles.. 24.17. How the heck do you get 29.8?!?!

And I have seen my instantaneous go to 90 and no higher. Even coasting downhill in neutral.

GPS: Well, I saw the Navigator sytem work quite well in a Sequoia last Sunday. If it's the same as for Scion it'd be a neat addition, although it's quite expensive. as lostsoul says, go with the portable. Much cheaper and depending on what you get, very easy to update. I have a Tom-Tom, and to update it I plug it into the computer, connect it, and it'll prompt for updates befoe anyting else. Hasn't failed me as long as I stay current with the updates.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Shancopp said:
I like the look of it indash rather than suction cupped on somewhere.

My .02.
If it's a penny for your thoughts, and you put in your 2 cents, where does the other penny go?!?!

Suction cups are for weenies. I like to fumble around looking for it at 65MPH after I drop it on the floor or between the seats.
And I'm cheap.. I'd never pay 2 grand for an accessory :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.