Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few quick mods I did today. Nothing special and photos not worth posting under the mod section.

My horn mod.

And my gauge mod.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK another couple of mods. I don't have photos at the moment. Will post some up tomorrow.

I installed a Strup intake manifold. Haven't driven it yet. Will test it out tommorrow. Sounds decent enough. No big change in sound during idle. Looks shiny shiny pretty pretty.

Also I removed my body kit. Sold it off. Looks alot better, but definatly gonna get a new kit soon as I can. It was all nice and painted underneath and even had the grills as well.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Shancopp said:
Those are cool. The horn (stock) is pretty weak sounding, huh?
Weak, yeah, but I love that meep-meep sound. Reminds me of my old Beetle :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
did you remove the stock horn completely? or just disconect it and wire the new ones to the harness? oh, and where did you buy the horns? oh, and how much were they?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just disconnected the horns and wire the new one into the factory harness. Its all reversable 100% with no cutting or splicing into factory wire. I don't remember where I bought them, local auto parts store, and I don't remember how much. I had them laying around from when I parted out my Jeep. I am thinking of getting rid of them though. They sound different, but not as beefy as I like. I am thinking maybe going with VW Jetta horns. If you interested I sell them to you cheap. I just gotta look into the other horns before I make any promises to sell them.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i was hoping they would sound like big semi-truck horns, that would be awesome! :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No not that loud hehe. They do have the air horn sound but not as loud as a semi. To get that kinda sound you would have to run a compressor.

·
Registered
613 Posts
by the way i love the IRON MAN gauges!!! It would awesome to see some red paint on your RS 5.0 to go with it!!! :D

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JOEY G-xB said:
by the way i love the IRON MAN gauges!!! It would awesome to see some red paint on your RS 5.0 to go with it!!! :D
I am actually putting some red paint on right now. Not on the body though. I am thinking red decals though. We will see.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yo jack, you're horn mod got the gears turning in the old head, and well lets just say i'm working on something BIG...
I'll keep you posted...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Me and the DE Scikotics went out for dinner after the Support the Troops meet the other day, and this airbagged chevy avalanche rolled by us in the parking lot. It did it's up/down thing with the bags and we pretty much ignored it like "yeah, whatever." Then it lit us up with it's CONDUCTOR SPECIAL. For anyone who knows anything about horns... WOW wasn't expecting that; made us all jump. For those that don't know about horns, the conductor special is an ACTUAL TRAIN LOCOMOTIVE HORN that is hooked up to an air compressor and modified to fit inside a vehicle or boat. Man I wish I had the money to put one of those on my xB. Illegal as hell (i'm pretty sure), but you can sure cause a scene with those!

·
Registered
141 Posts
A friend of mine has agarge about 20 feet from railroad tracks and he was working on a chevy Donk?? tha had these. SHould have seen the look on the engineers face when he heard them roar from inside the garage."WithEcho" Practically slammed on the train brakes!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
What about your moonroof decal, eviljack?

And the temporary mod we made at the truckstop in, er, well, I forget what state that was in...

And as it sits now:

Gotta work on getting it to sit right, though.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes the nice 8ball shifter mod made in Missouri. That was pretty cool hehe. I will do the moonroof decal later. I didn't feel like climbin on a later to take that photo yet.

·
Registered
613 Posts
keep up the good work EVILJACK!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts