Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my area I've seen one RS5 one time in the "big town" up the highway from me, about 25 miles. DH and I are there 2 days ago, buying a new mattress (thank you Lord!) and we are standing outside the Big Lots and right up the aisle I parked in, comes a gold xB. Automatically, I think "&*%$! Someone's stealing my car!!!!" As I say aloud, Honey, look!, it gets right by us and turns and I see some sick rims (which I DON'T have) and I breathe a sigh of relief. My heart was actually racing, thinking I was gonna have to chase down my car!

They pull into a space and park and proceed to walk up to Big Lots. Well, I had to ask, so I go up to them and tell them I like thier ride and point to mine. She says they've seen me around town too. I tell them I have #37 and ask what number they have and he says he thinks it's 1476. (or something like that, but he wasn't too sure I don't think)

They were leaving as I was leaving (tells ya how long I waited on my mattress!) and I followed them out. I noticed they don't have a spoiler.

Very strange feeling when you think your ride is pulling away without you! :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I have not seen very many NBM/s around me.. and the one's I have seen (or maybe it was the same one?) have always been on the road. I have seen 1 RS5 (not counting eviljack's), pass it on my way home from work sometimes. They've got my ideal driveway.. Gold xB and an old Beetle :) I cannot remember the last time I saw any xB in a parking lot.

Speaking of freaking one out... waaaaaaaay back in 1989 when I got my 4FNUGN license plate, I was out cruising when I saw a Beetle convertible in a car wash parking lot. When I looked at the rear end as I was zipping by, I thought I saw 4FNUGN on the license plate and it ocured to me "crap, somebody stole my plate already!" I had only had it for a few months at that time. I had to go back around the block and look again.. it really read 4VGNUGN. How about that for weird?

·
Registered
37 Posts
That would made my heart skip a beat for sure....
Its crazy how when you see someone in a scion, you wanna make friends. I'm trying to start a trend where Scon owners wave to each other or flash their lights. So far I haven't had much luck with this. I wonder if I'm the only one in my town that's loving the car I drive?!?

·
Registered
186 Posts
woowhoo said:
That would made my heart skip a beat for sure....
Its crazy how when you see someone in a scion, you wanna make friends. I'm trying to start a trend where Scon owners wave to each other or flash their lights. So far I haven't had much luck with this. I wonder if I'm the only one in my town that's loving the car I drive?!?
I too wave and/or flash my emergency lights when I see fellow 2nd gen xb drivers.
There are just too many Scions here in SoCal that I ignore the 1st gen xb and other Scion model drivers.

By the way, do you have a carbon fiber hood?
I can see on your avatar.

What kind is it?
Where did you get it?
How much was it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I still get all excited when I see another gen 2 xb. There are now 2 of us with Stingray met here in my area. One has a military sticker in their front window and I see it on base alot. But I still get that weird, "is that my daughter?" feeling when I see it. A super white was behind me on the freeway the other day so I changed lanes to let them get up beside me, gave them the thumbs up and nothing. I was crushed. :confused:

·
Registered
566 Posts
i wave to Gen 2 xBs, but have only seen two...count 'em, two since I bought the Silver Brick last May. Neither one responded. To some owners, the xB is just transportation.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've seen very few 2d gens up by me and the only RS was the one my bud bought. It seems as though only us "here" are nuts about our cars. No one waves or act like they ant to talk with you. I get more reactions from the poor souls who aren't lucky enough to have an XB.Actually, I'm still trying to decide if I own mine or it ons me.... :p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow... there must be many members here that are in small towns.
I haven't really been to one so I don't really know what it's like...
But when I got the Infiniti, when the coupe first came out, a few months later, it was like every other person had one... then the xB came, I was like what in the hell is that... then everybody started driving one so I had to have one which I don't regret at all.

Shancopp said:
Geezer said:
i wave to Gen 2 xBs, but have only seen two...count 'em, two since I bought the Silver Brick last May. Neither one responded. To some owners, the xB is just transportation.
sad, but true.........
Hate it when I wave and get the finger back. Or maybe they thought I was just tailing them...

·
Registered
59 Posts
wangster said:
Wow... there must be many members here that are in small towns.

Funny you should mention....so I live in a small community, or fairly small. I live in a twin cities, river valley community of 60,000 in the extended area. Besides my xb2, I have seen two others, a Silver and a BCM. The BCM a see on a regular basis (and no wave btw).

So, yesterday I am in our pickup truck taking the snow blower in for a tuneup...and what do I see...an RS #5 going in the opposite direction down Main Street. :eek: It looked like it had dealer tags, so I don't know if it was driving through, or if it is a local. Will have to keep my eyes open. Just when I was getting comfortable driving a unique color around........however, I have seen the exact same color on a PT Cruiser and a Honda Accord....go figure.

·
Registered
186 Posts
By the way, I hope nobody got offended.
Nothing wrong with living in a small community.
If I had a choice and I could survive financially, I'd definitely pick small communities over big cities.

I assumed living in smaller communities would create more waves when you see fellow xB drivers but I must be wrong...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.