Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, jest joined the site. It looks good.
So I guess I should tell you about my xB life.
It all started about a month ago ( Feb. 29 / 08 ), I go with my sister to Toyota of North Hollywood, to buy her a new Yaris. As we're walking to the Finance Dept. to sign the papers, in roils this Gold thing. So, I go and check it out, after a few min's looking it over I note it's a Release Series 5.0! I go and get the sales guy and grill him on the car, then I grill his boss. It terns out that it came into the port of Long Beach that morning, was put on a truck and moving by 9am (GPS tracking), then delivered to the dealership at 11:30am, prep, washed, waxed and put on the showroom floor an hour later, right when I walked in at 12:30, as if it was destiny! Needles to say, after siting in it and a test drive, I fell in love!!! The color! The shape! The Inside appointments! So I bought it there and then. I drove it home a couple hours later :D
Well lets see, it's a stock xB RS 5.0 Gold Rush Mica with a Manual Trans and the Pioneer Premium radio upgrade. I want to put the TRD 19" alloy Gray Mica wheels, TRD lowering springs, struts/shocks, Strut Tower Brace, Brakes and the Heavy Duty Clutch. I don't want non-Toyota parts.
I've Started a group called "California Gold Rush" as a Registry, Info Swap and Meet Organizer for California and U.S. RS 5.0 owners. No web site yet, but it's being built as I type this.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome! Another RS owner!! What are we up to, about 6? wow!

What number is yours?

Mine is 37.

I love mine too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is # 80 / 2500. I love mine too.

I would like to start a RS 5.0 thread, sort of a registry, where you can list your 5.0, like where and when you bought your's, what number, any options or mods. :)

Good or bad idea? any comments? :confused:

I'm a car collector, so all info is good. I think it's a good idea to keep track of these cars, Toyota isn't doing it. So it's up to us.
I thought there would be someone already doing this for the other RS xB's, but I haven't found any thing yet, maybe I'm not running the right search? :eek:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Welcome to the site, I am totally jealous. I pre-ordered mine back in January and didn't get it till march. On the posative side I picked it up on my birthday.

Also mine is #683. Am I the only one on this forum that doesn't have a 2 digit number?

Anyways welcome to the site, I would certianly like to see a thread for the RS's so we can get a roll call of everyone on there that has one, because lately we are collecting a lot of RS owners.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I've thought of starting an RS thread, but figured there'd be some who rarely check in here that we might miss. I could search and see if we have any RS owner who mostly lurk.

Sounds great.....who's gonna start one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll start the thread in the 2nd gen Scion xB discussion list, as....

" 2008 xB RS 5.0 Count Off, A GRM, RS 5.0, Registry."

See you over there :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts