Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to change the led’s in the cluster. I have everything I need for that. I also want to change the ones in the AC and Heater knobs. Do anyone know of the part number or a link where I can get them.
I have been told I wont have to solder just unplug and plug the new one in.
Thanks for all help.

·
Registered
528 Posts
http://autolumination.com/74.htm
About the middle of the page. They're called "Neo Wedge Based LED Bulb". They claim to be 30% brighter than the ones below them. I purchased those in the white and they have worked quite well. Not as bright as the OEM orange hue, but good enough for me! ;)

Also, the center button LED will remain the orange. You can swap that out with a regular PLCC2 from your gauges. I just used a sharp knive and cut off just below the stock LED. I then soldered on a PLCC2 on each one. :lol:
Not for the faint of heart, FYI. :D

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
The "orange" in the AC control knobs is a cover over a white bulb. If you want white, all you have to do is take off the little orange cover piece and there you are. I changed my cluster to pink and purple and put UV in my AC controls, so they are dark purple.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hellen4Wheels said:
The "orange" in the AC control knobs is a cover over a white bulb. If you want white, all you have to do is take off the little orange cover piece and there you are. I changed my cluster to pink and purple and put UV in my AC controls, so they are dark purple.
Hellen where did you get the UV lights for that art?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Picts?

Anyone?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't you have to take apart the dash for this?

*sigh* I'd like to do this, but I hate having pieces of my car laying about. It takes me forever to put things back together.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
For the cluster, you only have to remove the top part on the dash. It's very simple to take apart to get to the LED's. The actual LED's are removed and new ones replaced with a soldering iron. All it takes is a little time, patience, or a friend who knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have seen but I can’t remember where some pictures on how to take apart the shifter console, I want to change the leds under the AC and Heater knobs. If you know the link to the tread please reply. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.