Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have posted this topic on other sites but everyone is as stumped as I am. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

So a month ago i decide that I am going to change the lighting in my ac controls (On an 08 xb) and I successfully changed out my LED's. SO then i think to myself ok i want these ugly bulbs out too. So i get the neo wedge bulbs from super bright leds dot com as a replacement.

So then I turn on my lights to test my newly installed leds (they power on fine). For the neo wedge bulb, I test all 3 individually and they work. So then I install all 3 of the bulbs and they don't work. I have tried switching the sides (polarity) and nothing. Not even the bulb in my shift area works but I know for sure that the bulb didn't blow.

I was very cautious in testing each of them. Ive done this before on one of my other cars so this is not the first time I've attempted something this.

I am just trying to see if anyone else has come across this issue before i say screw it and take it to the dealer.

Here is a picture below. And just so you know everything under the two pictures at the bottom is pitch black in the shift area. As you can see in the main picture only the LED's are showing up. Oh also, my dimmer switch stopped working. I have tested every fuse (in the dash and under the hood). All of them were fine.

As you can see i have marked the dimmer box which is located in the fusebox under the hood to the right. Does this have a fuse in it? i haven't attempted to take the cover off to even find out (mainly because it seemed difficult to do so, so i just left it). The white box to the left is what I found under the dash in the shift area. This is where the harness plugs in for the light that lights the shift area. Im wondering if maybe something blew here? I dunno

I came across another forum where someone had the same exact issue but i never got a response from them as to if they ever fixed the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol thanks, its still driving me crazy tho! well if i manage to figure this out then i will let everyone know the fix. or what was wrong with mine anyway. I know of one other guy with the EXACT same problem but he never responded unfortunately, if he ever got it fixed. :sneaky:.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
During the process of hooking up my fog lights we popped the panel fuse that controls those lights. You said you checked all the fuses but you might want to double check the 7.5 amp under the dash marked panel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
On a different subject but your photo reminded me, is that a skidding car in red under the H ionthe temp gauge? I see that it is raining in your photo and it rained here in San Diego for the 1st time since we bought our Xb and we noticed the VSC button near the left knee area and when my daughter pushed it the red skidding car light came on on the instrament panel but then went off. The owners manual didn't help any. Is it supposed to be on all the time?

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
No, the light only comes on when the tires lose traction. The light signifies that the computer is redistributing power to the wheels to correct what it perceives as slippage. The only time you should turn it off is when you are stuck to allow you wheels to spin in the hopes of gaining traction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Way to hijack my post! Nah Jk :D Anyways, Thanks for the replies, I figured out the issue and did another double check on the fuse and turns out it was the "panel" 7.5 fuse that was blown. Replaced it and all is right with the world. Now I can finally post a picture of the finished product

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.