Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious if you add bunch of accessories onto your XB, would that increase the resale value down in the road? Let say a moonroof, nice wheels, performance parts and aftermarket sound system, etc. Or the money you spent pretty much just for your own enjoyment?

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
any factory added accessories will add to your resale. Don't count on Aftermarket parts raising your resale, it may actually hurt it. Most people part out their car before they sell and go back to stock.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
In short . . .
No.
Unless, you have a well known vehicle and people buy it to own THAT car/vehicle OR you manage to find a buyer that WANTS that particular combo of parts (not likely).
Most customizers want to make their own vehicle from basically a stock form.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Depends who you are selling the car to...After market customization of the vehicle could up the resale value of the car if you are selling it to a private party. Dealerships on the other hand use after market add-ons to their advantage..( I have seen this first hand). If you go into a dealership they will price the vehicle based on the value of the car WITHOUT modifications, they do this because the value is more quantifiable that way. Placing a value on after market products is very difficult to do. Also, they will claim that certain mods (lowered suspension, after market wheels, egine upgrades) comproimise the cars reliablity so they will price the car lower because of them. But when it comes time to sell your car.....trust me it will be up display with all the "features" they said made the car worth less when they bought it from you....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.