Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would think that a basic toggle switch connected in between a constant 12v and what ever it is that you are tring to run would work just fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
you dont have to splice any thing.... they make wire T's and just FYI the cig lighter only has power when the key is on......if you are in the bay area i would be more than glad to help out i like little projects like that.....and i work for a car audio and video shop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eric said:
Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather use the add-a-circuit. :)
What is this 'add a circuit' & how does it work?? can you show us apicture or what you are talking about?? Are you look to use this 'add a circuit' to run power to a device, such as lights or aux device?? Do you want constand power to your 'add a circuit' or just when the key is on??.
I havent heard of this 'add a circuit' & now you got me interested, Eric..!! show some pictures... thanks.. jh

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can be used to add a fuse to the fuse panel in a slot that's already occupied, or an empty one. From what I understand, if there's a fuse in the slot you want to use, you take it out, plug in the add-a-circuit and plug the old and new fuses into the add-a-circuit. It has the red power wire running out to whatever new accessory you want to add. I'll be using it to hook up a few sets of cold cathodes and several LEDs, all running through a switch of course. I'm thinking I want it hooked up to constant power, but I don't know what slot in the fuse panel to use... anyone?

Oh, and I got it at Pep Boys for under $10, but I think Autozone sells them for around $5. PB is next door to my office, so the extra $ is worth not having to drive across town.

Here it is... Our xBs take the mini ones...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just posted this over on YStC in response to a question about wiring cold cathodes & using the add-a-circuit. I figured it's good basic information that should be shared :)

As stated, the add-a-circuit just plugs into a slot in the fuse panel that is either empty or occupied. It, as it's named, adds a circuit. It has two fuse slots built into it and one power lead. You will run that power lead to the switch. If the switch is lighted, you will need to ground it. Then you run the power from the switch to the cold cathodes and you also need to ground those. Standard colors: red=power, black=ground. There should be a grounding location under the panel on the left side of the driver's side foot well. Keep in mind that the cold cathodes that Oznium sells are .7 amps per set, so do the math and use a fuse that is just higher than that number. For example, if you have three sets, you can use a 3amp fuse. The add-a-circuit comes w/ different amp fuses & can handle up to 10 amps. BTW, you'll need the mini add-a-circuit if you go that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts