Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my main gripes about the 08-10 models is that you can't see both the outside temperature and the time at the same time. And to change them, it's a long reach to the mode button and distracting when you are driving. Three years later Toyota fixed it, but apparently they took out the engine temperature dial to do so.

Here's the new 2011 dash:

So what about moving the 2011 clock and temp gauge to the far left and replacing the one in the earlier models? You lose the mpg and trip odo, but are there also icon gauge read outs (the little symbols) that might prevent this as a feasible proposition? Or might it be better to keep it on the right and also replace the engine temp gauge? Or can this retrofit I wouldn't mind having even be done at all? Anyone know?

· Registered
102 Posts
I think it is all one board, so you can't really relocate, and your odometer is stored in your gauge cluster, so if you swapped in a 2011 cluster, you would have to disclose on your title that there is a discrepancy on the mileage of the odometer.
A lot of people put a simple clock on the dash.

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Sorry to revive but can anyone support this^^
I was thinking about getting another gauge cluster so I cpuld tinker with lights/faceplate so I could keep my rs5 gold one stock for selling purposes but I thought the ecu might store the milage so I could just plug and play with a new one.
But if the new one wont have the accurate milage I dont think I want to go that direction

· Registered
846 Posts
On the subject of extra guages, I saw a CJ the other day. They have guages on top of the dash in a cluster. I'm wondering if you could get one of them from a junk yard and mount it on the B's dash. Of course, I don't know what guages are in that cluster but I'm sure the ones you want could be fitted.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Why not . . .
Mount a small clock behind the steering wheel or in a small spot near the gauges. All it would need is a simple "ing" wire plug for lighting. That would be simpler than anything involving actual vehicle readings. Plus, its a LOT cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.