Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've got a question. Hopefully someone has a simple answer - i like simple. Without going into details, I need to add a circuit that is active the entire time the vehicle is turned off. My only requirement is that turning the vehicle off and/or removing the key from the ignition must complete the circuit! What I'm doing would draw diminutive amperage, so battery life is not an issue. Car alarms work off the battery when the vehicle is off, so I know this is possible. How can this be done?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only want it on when the vehicle is shut off. When I put the key in the ignition and turn the car on, the circuit needs to be open (deactivated).

·
Registered
88 Posts
use a normally closed relay on the always on power to your device then energize the relay with a switched 12 volt source, so when the car is on it will open the circuit in the relay. thats as simple as it gets. if you need i can make a picture when im not half asleep trying to explain

·
Registered
6 Posts
SPDT relay:

85 + 87 - Connect these pin's to a fused +12v wire (if you have an 08 you can use the white wire at your ignition harness)

86 - Connect this pin to your ignition wire or accessory wire (gray or black at the ignition harness if you have an 08)

30 - This would be the pin supplying you with constant power when your car is off.

87A - Not used

1 - 5 of 5 Posts