Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im debating on adding HID lights to my new 2012 but I am hearing there is a error that will happen if you add them on your dash? Or has this issue been fixed? I want 5000K bulbs.

I bought Xentec for my silverado 2002 back a few years and my ballast died 2 times and so i finally threw them out and went back to stock. I don't want the same issues again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Go to ddm tuning buy a
hid kit from them. Life Time guarantee.
The is no error. I don't know who told you that but that's false.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the DDMTuning kit and its....well....junk. NOT worth the money. The bulbs weren't straight and the new balasts are literally no-label cheapo chinese crap. The whole kit is actually dimmer than the stock H11 halogen bulbs. I contacted DDMTuning twice about these issues and they aren't willing to do a damned thing. So much for their "lifetime warranty". Go with something reputable, has excellent build quality and a REAL warranty like Morimoto.

As for Xentec, yea those are absolute trash as well. I've heard of nothing but bad things about them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I bought mine from Meng Motorsports. In the last few months, they have switched to German-made HID kits. From what I've read around the web, German HID's are supposed to be good quality.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See there is always 2 sides to these HID kits on quality. I'll look again at meng motorsports. I just thought i needed some error kit to add on and was like that is just more money to have to spend. I'll order some maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "error kit". Maybe you mean relay kit? I went ahead and bought the relay. Many say a relay is unnecessary, but it is extra insurance that the ballasts get the power they need since it feeds directly off the battery.

BTW my Meng kit was before they switched to a German manufacturer. I still love them though. One bulb went bad after about a year and they replaced it free no questions asked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm using DDM Tuning HIDs. I have no problem so far. I've been using since september 2012 on my 2012 scion xb. Cut off is pretty close to stock. It doesn't seem dimmer than stock. I'll be getting another set for my fog lights as well.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Considering how much the relay kit costs,not as much as one would think less then $50, it most likely is good insurance for the electrical load on the B's headlight system. When I got the relay harness, I looked at all the stuff in it and I figured that I couldn't buy these separately (wire,relay,relay socket,connectors,etc.) for the same price. Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought the Meng Motor Sports system and haven't had any problems so far
(~9 months).

·
Registered
976 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.