Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick note on adjustable end links... OEM are approximately 14.5" center to center, and JKS 2943 adjustables are around 9.5-15". The bolts are 0.7mm larger than stock in diameter so some mild drilling of the shock mounts and sway bar will be needed.

My set is on the way and I'll post results when they arrive, but the Hyundai Genesis guys have been using these for a while now with good results. Plus they're cheap - $72.59 on Amazon (relatively cheap for adjustables).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unexpectedly got the new end links in early today; they're pretty thick and heavy. The mounting holes do need drilled out very slightly to fit.

I'm still waiting on more parts to arrive (had a defective replacement axle shipped to me) so I won't get around to installation for a few more days.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Second axle arrived from rockauto with damage... again... I'm giving them a third shot for some reason and waiting for the next one to come in (supposedly they are shipping from a different warehouse that's in my state). So once I have my axle I'll get pics of the new links on the car.

For now, here's what they look like. This is fully threaded without cutting (you cut them down as much as 5 inches to fit, and you can adjust +/- almost 2 inches after cutting) which just happens to be the exact same length as the OEM end links for our car. They're definitely thicker and heaver, though not by a massive amount.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
End up installing them a few days ago; I did have to drill, but by a tiny amount (so small that I probably could have done it by hand). With my NF210 springs, I had to cut them down by about one inch to get the sway bar horizontal. I can't say how they feel since I have only put about 10 miles on the car since they've been back in, but I didn't hear any noises or feel anything out of place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.