Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,033 Posts
It should since the only change from 2011 to 2012 was the head unit.

The engine/driveline, main body panels, door panels, and roof for 2008 thru 2012 xB are the same.

The front and rear end treatments for the 2008-2010 xb are the same ("dual slot" upper/lower front grills, red brake/turn lights, integrated rear reflectors, single reverse light).

The front and rear end treatments for the 2011-2012 xb are the same (dissimilar sized upper/lower front grills, red brake/amber turn lights, dual reverse lights, dual rear relectors mounted low in the bumper).

Other changes starting in 2011 (besides front and rear ends):
- revised front seat contours
- revised seat fabrics
- adjustable fore/aft center armrest
- tilt/telescopic steering column
- revised instruments and instrument trim (replaced Coolant Temp gauge with a clock and outside temp, added Coolant Temp idiot lights)
- base Pioneer head unit has preamp outputs (not sure if this was for 2011 or started earlier)

More than what you asked for. Hope it helps.

· Registered
67 Posts
The AFE I put on my 2012 fit fine. The hole for grommet that holds the return was missing so I carefully measured and made my own.
After a month of perfect driving the thing had a s*it fit, threw a bunch of codes and wouldn't run.
The dealership blamed the AFE so I ate the bill and had them put the stock unit back on.
I still don't see any problems with the AFE they took off but I just ran 2000 hassle free mi with the stock airbox so I have the AFE sitting in the box.
1/2 price if you want to fool with it. PM me.

· Registered
782 Posts
The dealership blamed the AFE so I ate the bill and had them put the stock unit back on.
I still don't see any problems with the AFE they took off but I just ran 2000 hassle free mi with the stock airbox so I have the AFE sitting in the box.
Sorry to learn you ran into difficulties (probably a post MAF air leak due to an installation issue), and good luck with your sale, but seriously dude, as long as you're not all thumbs and can read instructions, you'd save a bundle if you started doing your own work. FWIW -- although the original TRD CAI is a bit more demanding due to need to remove the front fascia, the others are much easier including return to the OE setup.

· Registered
658 Posts
The AFE I put on my 2012 fit fine. The hole for grommet that holds the return was missing so I carefully measured and made my own.
After a month of perfect driving the thing had a s*it fit, threw a bunch of codes and wouldn't run.
I don't see how a cold air intake even poorly installed could throw a bunch of codes... Something seems screwy with all that. I've had my AFe on for 10k and have had zero issues at all. I could call AFe, they're very good in my experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.