Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... I'm going to be the newest member to the club. Picking up the box this Saturday. First things first, I cant believe I didn't buy one of these before. They are great lol. My only beef is the dealer installed equipment cost a ton... I'm hoping everyone can help point me in the direction of some after market parts. Here's what I'm wanting:

I really like the sns 200 navigation but i think $2000 is a little high. Am i wrong in thinking this? Is it possible to get a cheaper after market unit that will still work with the steering wheel audio controls and the ipod adapter. I want something with a large screen, that works with the steering wheel controls and the ipod adapter. Also built in blue tooth hands free would be great.... This leads me to my second question.

With the optional head units, do any of them have the built in blue tooth or is this something that you have to purchase regardless? Can you get this after market cheaper as well.

Is there anywhere you can just buy some of this stuff an put it in yourself to save a little money? a website maybe?

Thanks for all your help.

· Registered
15 Posts
I can't give very specific answers as I haven't done any of this but I've read quite a bit. Generally no aftermarket units work directly with the steering wheel controls, but there are adapter/interface units to make that work. Pioneer and Kenwood seem to be the most popular navigation units from what I read. For sure they'll cost less than the factory unit. There are a number of reliable online stores to buy from, Crutchfield, Amazon, etc. though car stereo is also one of the areas where there are a lot of less-than-legit online retailers as well, so it's a good idea to ask before ordering from anyone you're not sure about, and check resellerratings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.