Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's create a "complete" list of all the Scion vB grills available.
As so many are removing/replacing the front grills, let's make a thread that has links to them all in one place rather than scattered all over the forum.

Thanks.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
474 Posts
I ordered and received the CNC Sidescoop grills from Sparks....was disappointed to find that they are not functional...just a bolt on cover up.
Sparks has agreed to my returning the item.

Does anyone offer functional sidescoop grills? If available I will hold off on installation of the xB fog light kit that I have....and do functional grills while I have the front bumper cover off.

Brewski
08 xB - Blackberry Crush Metalic
Upper grill changed
Tail lights changed
K&N Filter
TRD Quick Shifter
Fog light kit (awaiting installation)
Tanabe cat back

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Great idea TartanJack for creating a list from everyone!

i found a good site that will even powder coat them for you - but i really like the stock upper grill myself...

i may get something for the lower one though!

also, does anyone know if you have to cut a hole for the TRD inlet vent?

·
Registered
528 Posts
For the money, bro, I'd suggest just getting the Fig Engineering one from eBay. I'm sure they'd be willing to sell you just the bottom. The Grillcraft is a lot of money and I think you still need to keep your OEM lower grille in place. I know it's this way for the upper.

I know I'm still waiting on better options. I could build my own, but I don't have the time nor funds to do so. Just like making speaker pods in the rear "pockets". I could make some fiberglass ones in a weekend, but I don't have the $$$. And I don't need that much rearfill...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
xseveredveganx said:
For the money, bro, I'd suggest just getting the Fig Engineering one from eBay. I'm sure they'd be willing to sell you just the bottom. The Grillcraft is a lot of money and I think you still need to keep your OEM lower grille in place. I know it's this way for the upper.

I know I'm still waiting on better options. I could build my own, but I don't have the time nor funds to do so. Just like making speaker pods in the rear "pockets". I could make some fiberglass ones in a weekend, but I don't have the $$$. And I don't need that much rearfill...
i think the grillcraft looks cleaner with the smaller grille holes than the others myself, and might look Ok with the standard top grille as i like the look of standard grille...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
xseveredveganx said:

The Grillcraft lower grille is a complete replacement. The upper stock grille needs to be cut to create a frame for the Grillcraft grille. The side vent grilles are covers.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eric said:
xseveredveganx said:

The Grillcraft lower grille is a complete replacement. The upper stock grille needs to be cut to create a frame for the Grillcraft grille. The side vent grilles are covers.
That is good to know.
What about the other ones?
(Esp. the Sparks slat one, as that is the one that interests me . . . )

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm really not sure on those ones. They're billet, so they're just like the T-Rex ones. Most of the time with billet grilles, you have to cut out some of the OEM grille and attach the billet to the cut out OEM piece. I know it's this way quite a bit with minitrucks (hey, I'm a minitrucker).

Here's the T-Rex piece.

It doesn't appear that the OEM piece is there, but I'm really not sure.

Hope this helps!

*edit*

I was wrong about the Grillcraft piece, it is undoubtedly a complete replacement. Sorry for the confusion!

Here's NoLimitzInd modifying his top grille.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xseveredveganx said:
I'm really not sure on those ones. They're billet, so they're just like the T-Rex ones. Most of the time with billet grilles, you have to cut out some of the OEM grille and attach the billet to the cut out OEM piece. I know it's this way quite a bit with minitrucks (hey, I'm a minitrucker).

Here's the T-Rex piece.

It doesn't appear that the OEM piece is there, but I'm really not sure.

Hope this helps!

*edit*

I was wrong about the Grillcraft piece, it is undoubtedly a complete replacement. Sorry for the confusion!

Here's NoLimitzInd modifying his top grille.
That link shows NoLimitzInd using his WHOLE stock grill (even removing and replacing the solid area behind the stock Scion logo) behind the mesh.

How is it a "complete replacement" . . . ?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
xseveredveganx said:
Well, at the end of the thread, he states that he doesn't like being able to see through the mesh on the Grillcraft grilles so easily. I agree with him. Having it as blacked out as possible looks much better! ;)
What he said is:
"You can mount it by cutting out the factory grille and just using the shell. I do not like being able to see all the stuff behind it real well so I opted to leave the factory grille there also."

So, it still REQUIRES the cutting up and/or covering up of the stick grill, rather than a full replacement of it.

IF I ever replace my grill, I want a "bolt and clip" on type that fully replaces the original. Thereby, the original could later be reinstalled.

·
Registered
528 Posts
eviljack said:
I really would hate to have to cut up my grill but I may have to cause my grill doesn't fit so well with the new horns. Still I am looking for something that just says "I gotta have it"
I'm right there with you. Everything right now is pretty, "meh".

And I agree with the having to cut the OEM piece for an aftermarket. Especially with one that costs as much... I'm picking up what you're putting down! ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.