Scion XB Forum banner

Ahoy, from the sunshine state!

7K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  NCXB 
#1 ·
Ahoy there. The name is Brittany and I reside in Central Florida. I am a 20 year old nursing student working 2 jobs in the medical field. Aside of work and school my passions consist of classic cars, art, and animals. I currently own 2 dogs (black lab/staffy mix and a purebred OFRN american pit bull terrier) as well as 5 bearded dragons. I know, I know...enough rambling.

The reason i'm here...
Last Thursday evening I totaled my 2010 Ford Focus SE Coupe, with that being said I obviously am needing another set of wheels and after much contemplating and researching I keep coming back to the Scion xB. I am particularly fond of a couple 2009's available here in Florida. Now, just waiting on my insurance to finish up so I can go purchase. :)

Overall, I am here to look at mods, pros vs. cons, and personally opinions.

here is my ford, btw;

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link :)

Actually, I literally came out of the wreck with a seatbelt bruise where it ran across my chest and a burn on my arm from the airbag deploying. The car did it's job in keeping me safe. I guess I should also state, the accident wasn't my fault, :p. It was a vehicle 4 cars up from me whom slammed on his breaks to make a last minute turn in the pouring rain -_- he caused a pretty nasty 3 car pile up.

Heres a few more...
the auto body guy was up to 9k of damage when he decided it was too much and totaled it out.

& one from before the wreck...

I love the idea of the xB having room as Tartan mentioned, it really is useful having dogs. I have 2 in particular that I have my eyes on here locally to me (4hrs away to be exact) both are 2009s and have under 45k in miles.

Got news yesterday that the car is physically totaled out so now is just the waiting game of the paperwork being completed, and boy oh boy am I ever glad I got GAP coverage on my car because with the figures the insurance company has talked I would have surely been upside down in debt.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I have researched and am aware of the changes from the older models to the brand new one, my only thing is overall cost. I just got out of a $400 a month payment and to be honest am looking forward to a smaller payment than I was juggling.

I am not a fancy girl to begin with, I dress the part sometimes but I am more of a laid back person so as long as it drives nice, is reliable, gets me from point a to point b, and can handle my normal routine then im great :)

Discussion starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Have an appointment at a dealership 2hrs away to look at a 2012 with 5k miles on it. Only $17,800. I had a lengthy conversation with the dealer and I liked his upfront nature, crossing my fingers it will all work out in my favor.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
So here is the update;
I GOT IT!!!

Financed for 5% and very smooth process.
LOVED everyone at the lot and how they conducted themselves,
all of the people were very down to earth and straight shooters.

So here is the new baby as she sits, I have many plans for her already :)
I named her "Heidi ******", I name every car I own so she is no exception.

2012 Super White with 100,000 bumper to bumper coverage on everything,
has 5k miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.