Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I will be installing air ride within the next few days and I am working about the compressor wiring. I've been told it's recommended to wire it so it won't shut off when the key is turned to accessory. I am trying to to use a constant and I realize there are only one in the car? Where else can the power be drawn from so it's constantly on and not putting stress on the compressor during ignition, can the 12v white be spliced or something or should another constant be found? I'm extremely new at this and trying to figure out what to do. By the way I have two compressors. Thanks for any info! Scott

·
Registered
528 Posts
You'll have to wire the compressor/s to a relay. Have a positive wire from the battery go to the constant side of the relay (87B terminal of the relay). You'll want to run a switched power wire to the pressure switch then to the switched side of the terminal (switched power wire connect to 86S terminal on relay). Appropriate ground is needed (terminal 85 on the relay), and ultimately power wire to the compressor/s (terminal 30H).

I recommend using the switched power wire (I used the wire off of the 12v power plug directly below the shifter) because if you have a leak, your compressor/s won't be turning on every time your pressure drops at the tank's pressure switch's cut in point. If you have your compressor/s pumping while the engine's not running, you're going to have a bad time.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Haha yeah, couldn't ask for much more than that :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much! Sorry I forgot to come back and check this. We haven't got there yet because of the lack of fasteners we have. So I will pass this info on.

How do you get access to the 12v? Simple as pulled the plates off the top of the shifter like you would when taking your dash off. Or is there another way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.