Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sotty i just felt the need to rant about an alarm about to install. its a scytek alarm with GPS and ive never seen a more poorly packaged unit. the manual is copied incorrectly, so theres a white line through the middle of the page, there was no manual for one of the units that had like 15 wires coming out of it so i had to look it up, some of the ports were labeled incorrectly in the manual, everything is just a failure in my book. what bothers me is that its a really good product and has good potential but this is ridiculous. ive been prepping the alarm (like i do for all my alarm installs) the night before so its a faster install the next day, and its taking WAYYYY too long ugh FML. /rant. sorry guys i just had to vent.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
I feel your pain man.

Scytek, the name says it all. I only install the big 5:
Viper, Clifford, CompuStar, Autopage and Crimstopper. The 1st 2 are really the same and I've also owned and sold all 5 too. I wish everyone would use the same color wires but thats like asking apple to make quality electronics.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Take it to get it professionally installed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am the "professional" installer. ive been doing it for over 10 years. i try to deal with just the big names, however this had the GPS tracking plus the alarm plus a smartphone app and its what the customer wanted, so i dont have too much of a choice. but i wont be installing another one again, thats for sure

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this thing had like grn/white, grn/orange, grn/blue, solid grn and grn/black all on the same harness, i was like WTF! musta been a sale on green wire or something. hopefully everything goes together properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread from dead, but I just got my scytek 500 galaxy installed, and love it, it works great, my installer had no complaints.. And its not an app, just a website made mobile, but does work and gps tracking works good too. First year free and 90 thereafter for tracking and mobile phone...

·
Registered
782 Posts
i am the "professional" installer. ive been doing it for over 10 years. i try to deal with just the big names, however this had the GPS tracking plus the alarm plus a smartphone app and its what the customer wanted, so i dont have too much of a choice. but i wont be installing another one again, thats for sure
Hey man, if you figure out how to successfully install it, perhaps you could corner the install market for their alarms and make a bundle -- something to look forward to :)? (Oops, guess I'm a tad late on this one :(!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.