Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm Brian and I recently picked up a used 08 Cherry Crush xB. I bought it as a daily driver so I didn't have to pay for fuel in my truck but I just love this thing and I'm not one to leave anything stock. I've had it 2 weeks and the only mods so far are I added a few extra power ports, I removed the vinyl from the windshield posts and I put chrome bulbs in the front turn signals to get rid of the egg yoke look. I look forward to hangin out in the forum and moddin the xB. See ya's around the forum....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome! Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is all I have uploaded so far both taken the day I picked it up, I'll have to get some better pics and ones of inside also......

And that's my truck so you see what I mean about not leaving things stock LOL....

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Welcome!

Mod away, the Bs are good for it. Easy to take apart and put back together too.
Any specific plans for the B, yet?
Is it named yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definetly going to tint the windows and add the spoiler. I also have some LED lighting ideas in mind. As for a name I was calling it The Boxster but my daughter told me it wasn't a Porsche so I have been calling it the Model T because they remind me of the old dropped and chopped model T sedans but no name I think I will stick with yet...

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
As for a name I was calling it The Boxster but my daughter told me it wasn't a Porsche so I have been calling it the Model T because they remind me of the old dropped and chopped model T sedans but no name I think I will stick with yet...
The lines are based on the "classic American hot rod" . . .
Bringing the xB : Automotive Design & Production
Note esp:
In this two-box design, the front box is longer to accommodate the bigger engine (from a 1.5-liter, 103-hp four to a 2.4-liter, 158-hp four). In fact, the ’08 xB is based on a new platform. In Japan, the bB successor is not the one used for this xB. The JDM car is smaller. Lighter. So where’s the irony? Kim said that if you look at the side view of the ’08 xB, you may notice something that resembles something that is truly an American phenomenon: a high beltline, compressed greenhouse, and slightly raked roof: the hotrod. Even the aforementioned front end, Kim said, has more gesture and attitude than its predecessor. From the (somewhat) innocuous to the aggressive. In other words, it has become a slightly aggro but softened box, which is somewhat ironic.
(Bold emphasis, mine)

Reminds me of an early 30s Tudor (Ford's pun of "Two Door," with a related Fordor "Four Door" model even), with a "shoebox" 49-ish or Divco nose.

Divco-

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Be the judge . . .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from another newbie. Same reason for buying my xB, wanted something a bit smaller to get around in. I have a crew cab long bed p/u
Yeah mine is a crew cab short bed that rollin's on 35's and I commute 45 miles each way for work....

Be the judge . . .

Yeah thats exactly what I always think of, kind of ironic thats just what they are designed from. I guess the connection shows....

I took this one today at work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.