Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the place I bought my rims. Not too bad if your just looking for a decent affordable set of rims and tires.
I didn't post them eariier because they hadn't update for the new model year. They have now so here you go. They actually have the rims I have on my Jetta avaliable for the xB. I love those wheels so its very tempting.

www.wheelsnext.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like how they come pre mounted and balanced. :rofl:

How do you select or find out what tire (brand, model, rating) they come with? Assuming it's the lowest end, but no way to opt higher?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
Here is the place I bought my rims. Not too bad if your just looking for a decent affordable set of rims and tires.
I didn't post them eariier because they hadn't update for the new model year. They have now so here you go. They actually have the rims I have on my Jetta avaliable for the xB. I love those wheels so its very tempting.

www.wheelsnext.com
you forgot to mention their free shipping!

another good site is http://www.victoriatire.com/

put in your year of your xB and you will have a whole lot of wheels to choose from...

here are some wheels that fit the 2008 xB that i have found that i like:

http://picasaweb.google.com/yangescat/WheelsAndStuff

use slideshow for best viewing

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats one big draw back to wheels next. They don't tell you what tires they are using or give you options for upgrading to better tires. At least not online. If you call over the phone to order and talk to a person they work with you better and give you more options. Plus their choices kill me sometimes. I bought the Tork Matrix rims for my Jetta. I got them in staggered. 18x8 front and 18x9 rear. They are cool but I would prefer 18x9 all the way around. Not sure if it will fit, gonna try it one day. However now they don't even list the the staggered set as avaliable for my car when I know it works because I have it. Plus I they only let you look up wheels based on which will fit your car. Not bolt pattern. Which sucks because I know that many people buy based on bolt pattern because they will make the wheel fit with special offset spacers or are using a widebody kit and therefore need wheels that aren't factory.

Its not a perfect site but if your looking for quick and simple its the place to go. I forget which tires are on mine but I can post that up later.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wheelsnext is cheap but you need to call them before ordering, as Ive heard they tag on money for valvestems and other handling fees so the price isnt always what it seems. Also they use Nankang tires in their packages, which is this very very cheap tire brand that is extremely noisy. You get what you paid for, you can always request a package with Toyos or Nittos or whatever brand but the price jumps from the online price. Ive ordered from tirerack before, their prices and choices arent as good, but you know that their brands of wheels are from reputable companies and you get to choose your own brand of tires. A lot of the cheap wheels are coming out of China, in China, you can get a set of 20s for like $150-200. Problem is most of these wheels dont go through any sort of testing and they crack and bend very easily. Ive bent a 18" wheel going over a very small pot hole that a good brand wheel would've been fine. The way they do it is that they figure say 1 in every 8 wheels may crack or bend, but since the profit margin is so high, like 100-200% per wheel, that its worth the risk of sometimes refunding or exchanging a wheel for a customer. Of course there are cheap but good brands like Sportmax and Stern wheels, which Ive tested in 19s and 20s to withstand quite a bit of beating.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a set from them for my Jetta and they came with Nankang NSII's I have to say I liked those tires alot. Never found them noisy one bit. Plus they are very durable. To each his own I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts