Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Some Info

I've been wondering the same thing - here is what I know.

First, all 2013 Xb's produced after August will have a touchscreen audio interface - so if you get a 2013, consider whether you want an older one without touchscreen or the newer one with touchscreen.

Second, Scion models are generally supposed to be refreshed or replaced every 4 years (part of the Scion approach to appealing to the younger market). The Xb was redone in 2008 and is way overdue for a remodel or replacement. They were supposed to be axed for 2013, but the new boss at Scion likes the Xb, so it stayed around.

Third, the Xb is based off the Matrix platform, and the Matrix was supposed to be axed for 2013 as well. So not sure what is going on, but there are no guarrantees the Xb will be around for much longer.

Finally, Scion sales are down, as of August dealerships have been allowed to drop the scion brand with no penalty, so there may be fewer out there offering Scions...but Scion apparently showed a sketch of a sub-compact Crossover that will be built. This could be the replacement for the Xb and fit somewhere between a matrix and and Xb (just a wild guess)
It's anyones' guess whether they will keep the Xb (and Matrix) until the replacement comes out, or whether they axe it. They might think it good policy to have some sort of option out there until they get the replacement, but who knows.

So the 2014 Xb is kinda uncertain right now. They may have something up their sleeve that hasn't come out yet, but there's no info out there.

Good luck!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA

I'm looking to see any official announcement on the 2014. None has happened that I know of. They may just continue to sell 2013s and then have a new-model "xB3" 2015. That is what Scion did in 2007 between the xB1 and xB2.

· Registered
328 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Car and Driver mentioned the xB would be getting extra spot welds. That might make it more worthwhile. I'd like to get a buy-back for my 2012. Every time I go over a speed bump or rough patch there are muted pops that occur from the B pillar through the trunk. It never happens on smooth road but it is very irritating when it happens. I know that is what the problem is since Scion let that out.

Anybody else hearing these pops and thunks? I almost never listen to music so if you do you probably haven't heard them.

· Registered
601 Posts
Car and Driver mentioned the xB would be getting extra spot welds. That might make it more worthwhile. I'd like to get a buy-back for my 2012. Every time I go over a speed bump or rough patch there are muted pops that occur from the B pillar through the trunk. It never happens on smooth road but it is very irritating when it happens. I know that is what the problem is since Scion let that out.

Anybody else hearing these pops and thunks? I almost never listen to music so if you do you probably haven't heard them.
Actually no I haven't

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
An xB with a 5-6' bed would be pretty darn cool, and actually usable!

· Registered
29 Posts
First, all 2013 Xb's produced after August will have a touchscreen audio interface - so if you get a 2013, consider whether you want an older one without touchscreen or the newer one with touchscreen.
I'm really curious about this heard such things but I bought a 2013 on Oct 2nd haven't received the car yet I was under the impression that this is only in the states not in canada? correct me if I'm wrong so I will have something to let my dealer know.

· Registered
3 Posts
no new scion models for a while...

No idea if the new media display is US only, although I think it should be in canada as well, its just dealers tend to get rid of stock within canada before they order new stock. If you really want the new display, you may have to wait for quite a while.

When it comes to scions, it looks like we are going to be seeing pretty much the same thing for a while. According to this report, no new models till 2017. Scion is taking a hard look at it's strategy and trying to come up with something that works better. Its sales are not what they need to be so until they figure out something new prioritization for scion is low.

Report: Scion plans on remaining stagnant for next three years for model replacements - egmCarTech

Here is the original article
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/scion-stuck-in-holding-pattern.html

· Registered
67 Posts
I have the touchscreen in my xb. meh
It falls very short of my aftermarket Pioneer I had in my truck. One thing I hate is that when I go to choose another input, it first takes you to a screen that only displays half of the inputs. Then I have to touch another button to see all of them.

Why not just go to all of them first? FFFFFFFFFFT

· Registered
601 Posts
Just pick up my 2013 XB and just to confirm mine come with the touchscreen (Toronto, Canada). It made me happy when I ask my salesman about the touchscreen, "Dude, your car has touchscreen".
Haha, duuuuude. Very nice.

Oh yeah, did you make sure it's not your jack? Or something else in the back? My jack and lug wrench aren't completely snug and rattles a little on rougher bumps.

· Registered
104 Posts

· Registered
601 Posts
Consumer Reports released its annual vehicle reliability survey Monday. The magazine predicts the reliability of 2014 model-year cars and trucks based on a survey of readers who own 1.1 million vehicles from the 2011 through 2013 model years.
Here are the top three models in each category.
SUBCOMPACT CARS
Honda Fit
Hyundai Accent
Mazda2

SMALL CARS
Scion xB
Dodge Dart
Subaru Impreza

MIDSIZE CARS
Subaru Legacy
Toyota Camry
Mazda6

Top Performing Models in Consumer Reports Survey - ABC News

Brand Spots up or down from 2013 Best model Worst model
11. Scion -10 xB FR-S

Reliability Rankings in Consumer Reports' Survey - ABC News

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.