Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds kinda annoying but not to horrible. Compared to the cons or the complaints that I have heard about other vehicles that sounds kinda minor. Thanks for your help! That helps a lot!

Maybe they should make super soft scion pillows for us people with boney butts or no butts at all!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I love my xB's. The only problem I had with the '09 was that it was an auto. I fixed that with the RS 7.0 with a manual. The standard head unit could be a little better, but it works for what I need. I replaced all the door speakers which helped. Hubby loves the xB because it is roomy, interesting, easy to maintain, and lots of fun to drive. Yes, I do let him drive it occasionally on long road trips.

Oh, and welcome to the site and the family of Scion enthusiasts.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
There's no lock on the glovebox, the driver's armrest is useless, the paint chips if you stare at it long enough, and the interior's kinda boring (a little better on the 2011's). It's a lot like my wife. She has some minor flaws, but I love her anyway.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Geezer said:
There's no lock on the glovebox, the driver's armrest is useless, the paint chips if you stare at it long enough, and the interior's kinda boring (a little better on the 2011's). It's a lot like my wife. She has some minor flaws, but I love her anyway.
Yeah the paint chipping is annoying. I also am not a fan of the lock/unlock tones, but some people really like it. One thing that has bugged me recently, is that there is no good place to mount my CB radio/PA system... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've only had mine for a couple of years but still nothing not to like.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wife reminds me of the stoopid lack of an armrest, and some sound insulation would have been nice. A luxury package with the RS5 sunroof, Rumion climate control, body colored mudflaps, cargo cover, adjustable int. wipers, and leather would be sweet.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Cracker said:
Wife reminds me of the stoopid lack of an armrest, and some sound insulation would have been nice. A luxury package with the RS5 sunroof, Rumion climate control, body colored mudflaps, cargo cover, adjustable int. wipers, and leather would be sweet.
All of this would be great, but then they would be losing the market they are trying to go after.

·
Registered
614 Posts
One more thing I remembered.....

Why did Scion made two different size cup holders in the center console? The front holder fits everything (gotta have my commuter mug of coffee in the AM) and the back one is smaller and fits just about nothing (unless it's in a can!) When we go on trips, we fight over who gets the front cup holder! :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I want the 2011 center console and the telescoping steering wheel, then I will be 100% satisfied with my xB. The arm rest is annoying and the current 2008 - 2010 center console is too low and small.

and I do agree, paint does chip too easily, but you could always spend the money to add a few coats of clear to the car, that would solve it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
XBinRochester said:
One more thing I remembered.....

Why did Scion made two different size cup holders in the center console? The front holder fits everything (gotta have my commuter mug of coffee in the AM) and the back one is smaller and fits just about nothing (unless it's in a can!) When we go on trips, we fight over who gets the front cup holder! :mad:
I usually have a water bottle in the small front one, and the iPod/change bucket thing in the bigger one in the front. Doesn't bother me, we have 8 total cup holders. Haha :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
My only complaints (2008) are as supplied, I can't find an optimal driving position, the clutch pedal and armrest are too high for me, and the center console is too low and narrow to be useful for anything other than storage -- for which it is indeed useful. Any further complaints from me would be getting a little nitpicky. I consider it a great package for the price and it provides plenty of opportunity for modding :)!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I'm going to get an automatic (I can hear the groans now). I can't drive stick...I don't know how. Everybody says I can learn within a day or two but I'm afraid I'll mess someone's car up. But an automatic is great for me because how would I change gears and pat my dachshund (weiner dog) all at the same time? TOO MUCH GOING ON! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
TrevorS said:
Melissa said:
Well, I'm going to get an automatic (I can hear the groans now).
Automatics are great for lots of people, including on this forum, so don't let the naysayers bother you. It's just you that needs to be satisfied :)!
Mine's auto! :) I do use the sport/sequential/manual (w/e they call it) mode occasionally just for added xB fun.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Since you have never driven a manual transmission, I would advise against making the xB your first stick shift car. I have heard people complain about stalling the engine too easily when starting off, I own the auto version so I don't know how easily it is to stall it out.

Get what you want since it's your money. Most of the cars now a days are automatics, does that tell you something?

Have fun!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.