Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm obviously new to this board and I don't own an xb right now but I'm looking at one. I was paralyzed five months ago in a streetbike accident and since then I've been in a wheelchair. Yesterday I saw another guy in a chair driving an xb and I didn't get a chance to talk to him but the idea of the car stuck in my head as I look for something that mighht work for my new needs. So basically my question is, is there anyone out there who drives the xb and is in a wheelchair? What are things to look out for with the hand control system? Are there any mods you've made that help make things easier with transfers/getting the chair in etc...?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not in a wheel chair but I do know that older folks like xB's because their entrance is low to the ground which might help in your situation. Also, lowering springs are a popular and easy mod that may also be useful.

·
Registered
141 Posts
G

·
Scionpro.com

I m pretty sure they did a wheelcar modded first gen XB. If you look under the video with there yellow taxi I think there is one in that. Or you could just call them, they are super nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.