Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at them and they have a 0.003% failure rate
have seen that the Acura rsx folks use them
anyone on here have them
amazon has them for 119 + shipping

·
Registered
186 Posts
If RSX drivers use them without any problem, I don't see why they would have problems with xB.
But I think most of us here would go for the MobileHID kits.
I've had mine since July of this year and haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just bought digital hid. i currently have them on my 96 4runner so hope i made good decision they have life time warranty

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hid is one of the items on my list so to speak. The more I look the less that i feel I understand.

One company says they are digital and they use less ampreage including startup than your headlights so they are simple to plug in and set up.

The next says they use higher amps at startup and then the load decreases to less than your normal lights so they run cooler and use less power to operate.

One says that you should use thier better system since it uses a relay and does not burn out your switches and wiring with the added load.

Most say that they have a warranty for a year on the bulbs so they expect them to last slightly longer or more. The regular bulbs are good for a total of 4 years and the new regular bright ( silverstar) lights say they are good for 1 yr plus.

I guess the basic question to be answered is who has what and would they buy that type again.BTW: I would go for the basic white light so it looks stock only brighter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I did a lot of research too when I bought mine.
I read through lots of item descriptions put on by the sellers.
When you read their description, you can't help it but to think that their item is the best.
(Come on, people pay other people to write item descriptions to convince you that theirs is the best.)
So instead of creating more headache for me, which I already have enough of, I decided to read through reviews by customers. What better place then forums, right?

I don't know about other vehicles but looking through 3 different Scion forums, it was clear that everybody liked the MobileHID kit. So I went with them and been very happy with them.

There were other kits that people were happy with but everybody seemed to praise the owner of MobileHID (Cliff) for his excellent customer service so I decided to go that way since this was my first HID conversion experience.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I was just looking at the mobileHID website and it looks to me like you have to buy 2 sets of HID to upgrade. You have the low beam which is the Low beam H11-55W and then the separate high beam which is the 9005.

That's almost $500 for the light upgrade. Is that right?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
L0stS0ul said:
So I was just looking at the mobileHID website and it looks to me like you have to buy 2 sets of HID to upgrade. You have the low beam which is the Low beam H11-55W and then the separate high beam which is the 9005.

That's almost $500 for the light upgrade. Is that right?
Yes, but most people usually only upgrade the low beams.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i currently have the digital hid on my low beam they are 55w and look great but yea
my friend has 6k hid for her low beam and uses sylvania silverstars for her high beams and they look good
plus you hardly use the high beams at least i never use them
if i knew how to post pics id show ya how my hid turned out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.