Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
709 Posts
I don't mind the steering wheel, although I find when holding it at 9 and 3 during my advanced road test the other day it got pretty uncomfortable. Luckily I don't have to drive like that all the time

· Premium Member
709 Posts
In alberta when your 14 and older you get your learners license where you have to be with someone above 18 to drive.
When your 16 and older have had your learners for at least a year you can do a test to get a graduated license where you only have 8 demerits and a 0% alcohol level.

When your 18 and over and have had your gdl license (above) for 2 years I believe you can do an advanced road test to get the gdl taken off so you can then have 15 demerit points and 0.05% alcohol level.

I am 19 close to 20 and have just done my test late since I lost my license for a month due to 3 speeding tickets when I was 18.
You have to have a a good driving record for at least a year before you take your advanced so I had to wait a year after I lost it.

The advanced is basically just like any other driving test, they just take you around and you have to park different ways and they just watch the way you drive. BUT you are supposed to keep both hands on the wheel at 9 and 3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.