Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
845 Posts
Soooooo! The good news is the steering wheel itself is a direct swap. The controls for volume, mode, seek work and the controls for voice recognition, call answer and end work too!!!!, but! The rav 4 controls have just enough of a different inner shape that the xb airbag won't fit. So if you are down for a $90 leather steering wheel, get it. If it's going to drive you crazy that you just have to have the phone controls too, you will need a rav4 airbag.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
845 Posts
Just a thought on this - the xB2 airbag sells for more on eBay than the RAV4 airbag does (just looking at sold auctions recently)... You could probably sell your old airbag and pick up the RAV4 airbag and actually make a few bucks of profit. Connectors on the airbag itself look the same...

Edit: I'm stupid, just realized what you were saying - you can use the xB2 controls and xB2 airbag on the RAV4 wheel; you just can't use the RAV4 controls and xB2 airbag on the RAV4 wheel. So it's the same controls, but you get the nice leather upgrade out of it.
Bingo!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
845 Posts
Sooooo. I was looking at Toyota Japans website just to see what's new over there and I saw the Scion Xd being sold as the Urban Cruiser. It has the same steering wheel as The US Model but includes the phone controls on the right panel. Anyone know how to go about getting this part? Used or new I don't care, but now I'm obsessing!!! Lol.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.