Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering under coat for making my XB quieter.
Last time I did this they made a mess of my wiring harness
Any input, and yes i know of dyna mat, may do that also.

Cheers

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm aware this isn't the response you're looking for, but in any case, I ultimately applied eDead in four doors plus hatch and am satisfied with both cost and effectiveness :)! Further, yes, I would use it again given the same need!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spotted the material you suggested soon after my post. Seems more cost effective. I will get some. Still thinking undercoat first.. Was looking for some first hand experience with the under coat. As i know to keep it away from wiring and connectors

Live in Ohio they use salt here alot of salt. Very Hard on under side of car

Cheers

·
Registered
781 Posts
Worked on the underside of my '08 xB2 last summer and noticed rust had formed on the underside braces. I'm not clear traditional undercoat would protect against that, but I can certainly see it as a concern :(!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Zebart or an equivalent is an EXCELLENT choice. Used to live in the Galveston TX area many years ago. All new vehicles had that applied - standard practice......cost used to be a couple hundred dollars. Don't know what they charge now-a-days. It not only quietens the vehicle, as you noted it protects the underbelly from road salts etc. A Zebart shop should do a professional job that you would be very happy with. Too bad they aren't located in my State........or that's what I'd do first thing!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I applied 3M undercoating to my wheel wells after lowering it. the affects were minimal but were noticeable. My next step is adding some treatment to the doors and then headliner.. lets face it, these cars are built with minimal treatment and the road noise (esp with BFG's) but adding something should at least help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.