Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Just as it's states in the title. Has anyone installed a Toyota / Scion leather wrapped steering wheel? Looks like they are two tone in light gray & black in color. I price one @ $242 shipped, not cheep. Might as well get the manual shift knob too. I searched and couldn't find a post on this. I can't get Registered on Scionlife too. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Scionlife says my AZ Sun Lover and password are already being used. I searched all the members and no one is registered with the name. I sent many PM asking what I'm doing wrong and I never get a reply!

Thanks in advance,
AZ

·
Registered
266 Posts
I haven't installed it nor seen one, but here's the installation pdf from TRDsparks

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2011 came with it. I bought it used so I don't know if it was installed from the factory or by the dealer or the previous owner. It looks nice and is comfy. Goes really will with the CSM color. :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi,
Just as it's states in the title. Has anyone installed a Toyota / Scion leather wrapped steering wheel? Looks like they are two tone in light gray & black in color. I price one @ $242 shipped, not cheep. Might as well get the manual shift knob too. I searched and couldn't find a post on this. I can't get Registered on Scionlife too. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Scionlife says my AZ Sun Lover and password are already being used. I searched all the members and no one is registered with the name. I sent many PM asking what I'm doing wrong and I never get a reply!

Thanks in advance,
AZ
I installed an after market slip over that grips nicely (PepBoys), but everybody has their own tastes. There are leather sown covers, but I don't much care for the ones I've seen (though owners are highly supportive). Go with whatever seems most likely for you and hopefully it will work out well. Ultimately, it's your dollars being spent, not somebody else's! I suggest being careful with your purchases, if it doesn't appear to warrant the cost, then don't buy.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi,
Has anyone installed a Toyota / Scion leather wrapped steering wheel? I price one @ $242 shipped, not cheep.
You can get a black lace-on leather steering wheel cover by Superior from Amazon for $12 shipped
Superior 58-0600B Superskin,Extra Genuine,Black : Amazon.com : Automotive
which is what I did. If you go this route, enlarge the lace holes prior to installation, and set aside at least 4 hours to lace up the cover. I used a pair of needle node pliers to grip the lacing needle and pull the lace tight. The hardest part of the project (to me) was getting the cover to lie snug around the wheel spokes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.