Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My garage door didn't open all the way when the wife backed out :eek:hno: and it broke the mast assembly. :( Since the shark fin replacement basically replaces the mast, it is not an option until I can replace the base. Anyone know how to remove and/or replace the base assembly? :confused:

·
Registered
783 Posts
SCIONKID said:
it would be a pretty simple DELETE, but you would have a whole in your roof to plug up.. just take off your back hatch rubber molding, pop out your headliner pins in the rear, pull your headliner down, then reach your hand in there and undo what maybe holding it in place

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Dude. said:
SCIONKID said:
it would be a pretty simple DELETE, but you would have a whole in your roof to plug up.. just take off your back hatch rubber molding, pop out your headliner pins in the rear, pull your headliner down, then reach your hand in there and undo what maybe holding it in place
The only real problem is getting another base. Look at a junk yard, go to your local dealer, or call SparksTRD (they ARE a dealer too). The install is basically like ScionKid did above (pulled from another thread on deleting the antenna entirely).

Idea: contact ScionKid and ask him if he still has his antenna base . . . he might work a deal . . .
(Just thinking off the "top of my head")

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.