Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best I can guess by reading forms etc, the backs of the 2012 XB are "around" 20% and I can find no info on the front passenger and driver windows. Any feedback is appricated as I am trying to get my tint as dark as legally possible in my state.

· Registered
107 Posts
some shops have a window tint meter to measure what you have so they can match it up... if you bring it to a reputable shop they should be able to figure this out for you... if not, as stupid as this sounds, you could go to your local police department to have them measure it for you and to find out what "they" consider legal...afterall it is them you have to please.:rolleyes:

· Premium Member
271 Posts
Best I can guess by reading forms etc, the backs of the 2012 XB are "around" 20% and I can find no info on the front passenger and driver windows. Any feedback is appricated as I am trying to get my tint as dark as legally possible in my state.
I thought the rear glass was a privacy glass so it shouldn't be a tint.... That's my understanding... And factory tint here in Australia is 35%

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Privacy glass has the tint in the glass itself, rather than a layer of tint on it. So, yes it's tinted, but also-> it isn't . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.