Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'08 BSP 111k miles on stock warped rotors and stock pads. Was originally running 19" TRD wheels but tires got expensive so i decided to purchase 16" stock steelies. Planning on upgrading my brakes since they are due to be changed. I don't want to run TRD big brake kit because I like to keep my 16" steelies for the snow. What's the best combination slotted rotors and performance pads in your guy's opinions? Any info would be best appreciated.

·
Registered
448 Posts
A couple of important notes:

• Slotted rotors will do absolutely nothing for you. This goes doubly for drilled or drilled and slotted.
  • Stick with a decent quality ceramic or ceramic hybrid (OE is good quality ceramic) brake pads.

If you're going to be replacing the rotors and pads, I very highly recommend upgrading to TC2 brakes at the same time. Bigger rotors, calipers, and pads, but they still fit under the stock 16" wheels. You can find a little more on the upgrade here. Here's exactly what I would get:

• ($119.00) TC2 almost new OEM calipers with lines and pads; ~1.5k miles on them LINK
  • ($25.79 + shipping each) TC2 Raysbestos blank front rotors for LINK

I mean if you look at what you're getting for the cost... somewhere in the ballpark of $180-185 versus nearly the same for crappy slotted rotors and magic dust filled brake pads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I think I might go that route.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you are dead set on slotted and drilled , you go with R1 concepts, for Oem size but slotted and drilled or just drilled for under $150 for rotors and pads, jus do what Paul says and go with the TC upgrade. I wish would have had more time to do the same, I went with the stock sized XB cross drilled and slotted rotors from R1, and they are nice. The added size of the TC rotors under my bigger wheels, will look better without breaking the bank, looking forward to this upgrade maybe next year, just because.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.