Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Re: Anyone using this CAI? (Tenzo R)

Wow!.....Tenzo R CAI ($119.00) and compatable with the AME 3" Air Bypass Valve ($47.99) to prevent hydrolock. That has my intrest as most of my driving is in SW Florida where monsoon rains are not that uncommon during the summer!

Also listed with the intake is a Injen Hydroshield pre-filter and the Injen Technology Pro Tech Air Filter Cleaning kit....Hmmm, could that the air filter is Injen?

Brewski
08 xB Blackberry Crush, M5
TRD Quick Shifter
Tanabe - Medalion Cat back exhaust
K&N Filter (Currently looking for CAI that has hydrolock prevention)
LED Tail lights, xB fog lights, Weathertech window vents, cargo area cover and net.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it seemed like a good price, I dont know if I would really need the hydrolock valve but may get it just to be safe, it does rain alot in SC Texas too. I know what you mean about the florida rain, comes down fast and hard, lived in Jax for about 14 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I didn't wanna start a new one...

I just hooked up the tenzo cai and it sounds great after 3k. I also purchased the bypass valve and it didn't fit properly so I'm going to just return it and watch for water. Any tips other than puddles? And i forgot who got hydro with thier fujita cai but any personal tips?

Imma fill the tank up this weekend and see how much mpgs I can get...

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
crz_jsph said:
I know it's an old thread but I didn't wanna start a new one...

I just hooked up the tenzo cai and it sounds great after 3k. I also purchased the bypass valve and it didn't fit properly so I'm going to just return it and watch for water. Any tips other than puddles? And i forgot who got hydro with thier fujita cai but any personal tips?

Imma fill the tank up this weekend and see how much mpgs I can get...

Thanks
I had the hydro-lock...and installed the bypass valve without any problem (instructions call for cutting out part of the intake pipe which I did)...all I can say is unless you have a "short" CAI I would recommend the AEM bypass....flash flooding can occur anywhere or almost anywhere...and a new lower block installed will cost someone about $7K....in my case it was covered by insurance....so as a recommendation I would make sure your auto insurance covers flooding....puddles shouldn't cause a problem, but street flooding over the curbs could.

Brewski
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
crz_jsph said:
I know it's an old thread but I didn't wanna start a new one...

I just hooked up the tenzo cai and it sounds great after 3k. I also purchased the bypass valve and it didn't fit properly so I'm going to just return it and watch for water. Any tips other than puddles? And i forgot who got hydro with thier fujita cai but any personal tips?

Imma fill the tank up this weekend and see how much mpgs I can get...

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Brewski said:
I had the hydro-lock...and installed the bypass valve without any problem (instructions call for cutting out part of the intake pipe which I did)...
Which proves I'm stupid! Haha

I'll check on the insurance but it doesn't flood alot out here. Do you have pics of you bypass valve installed? And do you have a trd vent?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
crz_jsph said:
Brewski said:
I had the hydro-lock...and installed the bypass valve without any problem (instructions call for cutting out part of the intake pipe which I did)...
Which proves I'm stupid! Haha
I'll check on the insurance but it doesn't flood alot out here. Do you have pics of you bypass valve installed? And do you have a trd vent?
Thanks
I'm sure that you are not stupid, I was just trying to say that the installation was simple on my CAI...I have no pictures, but guess that I need to post some...and yes, I have the TRD vent installed.

Brewski
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
crz_jsph said:
well thanks!

my buddy and i was saying WTF?! :eek:
i was probably too excited. anyways those pics would be helpful cause i dont know exactly where to cut...

Thanks
My digital camera is down at the moment...plus I've never posted pictures (so I would need to research the process)...

On the Fujita CAI there is a break/connection in the intake prior to it turning down...there is not enough space to install the bypass at that point as it is too close to the battery.

So as far as where to cut...I removed the Fujita name plate and cut approx. 3 1/2 inches back from the sensor mounting (towards the front of the vehicle) this places the bypass about where the old air box was located...there is plenty of room so the distance is not that critical.

I just used a hack saw to cut the intake pipe being careful to make sure that I cleaned up any metal filings...I did not remove the intake, but had someone hold the intake steady while I cut...then removed the forward portion of the intake and made the second cut on it (to remove the portion that would be taken up by the bypass).

The instructions provided with the bypass have a template for just how much to cut off (about 1 1/2 inches) so that the intake remains the same overall length for re-installation.

Hope this helped...and at some point I'll try to post pictures (but, I don't know when.)

Brewski
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
:confused: O.K. I have placed a photo of the installed AEM bypass in photobucket...I just don't know how to get it over here. I've searched the forum and still don't have a clue....yes, I know instructions have been posted before....can someone help me please....

Brewski
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Click on your picture in photobucket, on the lower left it will say IMG Code. Copy that code, paste it to your post here and the image should show up once you submit the post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
xtylerx said:
Click on your picture in photobucket, on the lower left it will say IMG Code.  Copy that code, paste it to your post here and the image should show up once you submit the post.
Thanks....


AEM bypass installed...

Brewski
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
:confused:

O.K. what did I do wrong?

Let's try again....



Looks like this will work...AEM bypass installed.

Brewski
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top