Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends of mine and I are traveling in the Scion to Cleveland for the weekend. Specifically to go to the Great Lakes Brewing company, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Since we will be there Saturday through Monday, that leaves a lot of room open for other "stuff".

Does anyone from that area (or one's who may know the area) have any sight seeing suggestions? Good bars / restaurants / areas of town / goofy crap to go and take visit?

Thanks for any suggestions!

· Registered
741 Posts
Can't wait to hear all about this trip. LOL :naughty:

· Registered
342 Posts
i just came from cleveland to see a Cavs game. Go to the hairy buffalo its right across the street from the basketball stadium. The winking lizard is also a decent bar next to the stadium. Might as well catch a Cavs game too they are the best team right now.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, as well as the weather prediction.

Yeah my friends have been checking the weather for Cleveland this weekend. It looks like the bad weather will be all but over come Saturday morning, which is when we are planning on driving up (from Northern Kentucky). I think we can still cancel the hotel 24 before arrival. I think it is the Mariott in downtown(?) but I"m not entirely certain of that as "others" have taken care of that aspect of it.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions on the trip. We ended up having a GREAT TIME! Among the Brewery (awesome) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (which was actually pretty lame) we went to the Christmas Story House in the middle of a snowstorm - which seemed appropriately Christmas-y. The Westside Market, Little Italy, drove through where the flats used to be and various other smaller locales. The lake was frozen, which was weird looking. But Cleveland is a really neat city.

One night we DID order pizza at the hotel from a place called Rascal House Pizza, since they'd deliver to the Renaissance. It was really good!!

Here are a couple of pics of the car. The first one is in front of the church they used for the wedding scene in the movie "The Deer Hunter"

In order to get this shot like I have it, I'm more or less on the ground. It's on a small side street, and because of the snow there was no place to pull over off onto the sidewalk. I just put on the flashers and prayed that cars would notice and go around.

This shot is in front of a Wade Chapel, in Lakeview Cemetery (www.lakeviewcemetery.com)

It was one of the places we went on our last day there. Still TONS of snow on the ground everywhere. The chapel was closed for the season, but we went to get more information at the information center, and they opened it up for us. Tiffany glass and mosaics inside. Really stunningly beautiful in there, as was the entire place. It's worth a look if you're ever in the area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.