Scion XB Forum banner

41 - 60 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
The tranny went out on the wifes 17yr old mini van, gave her my Blazer and bought me a Scion. Ordered mine 10/27/07 and took delivery on the 30th. From Billion Toyota in Sioux Falls, SD.

After getting mine now she wants one if I can put monster truck tires on it. :eek:

Can't wait to take it apart.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
CamSr said:
The tranny went out on the wifes 17yr old mini van, gave her my Blazer and bought me a Scion. Ordered mine 10/27/07 and took delivery on the 30th. From Billion Toyota in Sioux Falls, SD.

After getting mine now she wants one if I can put monster truck tires on it. :eek:

Can't wait to take it apart.
i can not wait to see that! :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey whats up,

Just picked up my 08 scion monday in Kansas City, traded in an 03 Chevy 1500HD for it. I only had the truck 3 months but something told me 9mpg was going to cut it anymore

·
Registered
8 Posts
yanges said:
congrats on your purchase and Welcome!

i know you will enjoy your new xB! what color did you get? any options?

Black, 16" scion wheels, Pioneer Premium radio, fog lights, dvd players, spoiler. Not all to impressed with the radio, probably could just use better speakers

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
ZUGtastic said:
yanges said:
congrats on your purchase and Welcome!

i know you will enjoy your new xB! what color did you get? any options?

Black, 16" scion wheels, Pioneer Premium radio, fog lights, dvd players, spoiler. Not all to impressed with the radio, probably could just use better speakers
try changing the settings on the stereo to SSP xB mode and change it to Feel music mode - you will be surprised at how good it sounds!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my XB about a month ago from myself......lol Im a salesman at Don Joseph Toyota Scion in Kent, OH. The only bad thing.....Pure Price still applies to me :x

Love the XB though. Blackberry Crush Metallic

TRD Cold Air Intake
TRD 19" Alloy Wheels w/ Toyo Proxes Tires
Rear Spoiler
TRD Quickshifter
Scion Naviagtion

Mods Soon to Add:

Body Kit (as soon as I find one)
Custom Paint Job
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Front and Rear Sway Bars
Billet Grill Inserts
Borla Exhaust System
TRD Big Brake Kit
TRD Lowering Springs
Scion Illuminated Door Sills

The other thing that would be nice is a Turbocharger. Saw one on youtube a while ago but I cant track down who made it. Its probably a $5-8K job though.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
DJScionBen293 said:
I bought my XB about a month ago from myself......lol Im a salesman at Don Joseph Toyota Scion in Kent, OH. The only bad thing.....Pure Price still applies to me :x

Love the XB though. Blackberry Crush Metallic

TRD Cold Air Intake
TRD 19" Alloy Wheels w/ Toyo Proxes Tires
Rear Spoiler
TRD Quickshifter
Scion Naviagtion

Mods Soon to Add:

Body Kit (as soon as I find one)
Custom Paint Job
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Front and Rear Sway Bars
Billet Grill Inserts
Borla Exhaust System
TRD Big Brake Kit
TRD Lowering Springs
Scion Illuminated Door Sills

The other thing that would be nice is a Turbocharger. Saw one on youtube a while ago but I cant track down who made it. Its probably a $5-8K job though.
sounds like a pretty nice ride DJScionBen!

now we just need to see some pics! post em' here:

http://newscionxb.com/image_gallery-b3.0/ :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
We drove my 2006 XB to Crown Toyota in Lawrence, Kansas. We went down to pick up his silver toyota tacoma..while I was next door cruising an import shop, he traded my '06 for an '08 silver XB.orve down in 1 car and came home with 2 silver ones. I luv my husband...and guess what....he paid cash for both....NO payments!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Linda said:
We drove my 2006 XB to Crown Toyota in Lawrence, Kansas. We went down to pick up his silver toyota tacoma..while I was next door cruising an import shop, he traded my '06 for an '08 silver XB.orve down in 1 car and came home with 2 silver ones. I luv my husband...and guess what....he paid cash for both....NO payments!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
that is Great Linda!! enjoy your new '08 xB - i know you will!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
xB in Nautical Blue, 5-speed manual. The sole option, that wasn't really offered from Scion's build it yerself feature, was heated front seats.

Delivered on November 20, 2007 from Team Toyata/Scion in Langhors, PA. Didn't get any pressure for extras, the saleman did show me the gamut of options and was fine with me denying it all. We even tossed around the idea of a couple of different sunroofs, but in the end I opted not to take those either. The finance guy tried to sell me the chip protection, LoJack and an extended warranty. After working out a no-interest 18-momth payback deal, I ended up getting the 84 month 75k mile add-on warranty. The one nice thing about it is if I don't use it I get all the money back.

The little button on the side of the driver seat for heat. Down is low, mid is off, up is high.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up my Super White 2008 xb on August 3,2007. The dealership I dealt with is Piercy Toyota/Scion in San Jose, Ca. I had a great salesman, Stephen Tran- super easy transaction! :yes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there!
I'm new to the forum...in fact new to ANY forum :)... I know I'm a coupla decades outside of the "usual" demographic for this car...but I sure like the look of it and am going for a test drive this week...
anyone buy an xb near Burbank, CA? What can I expect out the door for a "basic" automatic without add-ons? Am wondering if the gas mileage is a problem??
Thanks!
LT

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
LT said:
Hi there!
I'm new to the forum...in fact new to ANY forum :)... I know I'm a coupla decades outside of the "usual" demographic for this car...but I sure like the look of it and am going for a test drive this week...
anyone buy an xb near Burbank, CA? What can I expect out the door for a "basic" automatic without add-ons? Am wondering if the gas mileage is a problem??
Thanks!
LT
welcome LT!

you will find this a pretty friendly and knowledgeable forum...

a base automatic xB w/ premium radio is ~$19,800.00 out the door - mileage is pretty close to stated of 22mpg city / 28mpg highway, depending on how you drive of course :D

and the automatic tranny has a sequential type shift called S-mode that is like driving an auto-stick - really nice!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey, been an '08 xB driver since July, hailing from Delaware. Such a sweet ride. Black sand pearl with some aesthetic improvements, but nothing performancewise yet. Just found the site today. Holla from the east coast!

41 - 60 of 318 Posts