Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used LED's light strips to give your xB the "Audi" look to your headlights?

I am curious because I am looking to do something like that, but not sure exactly how to do it? i.e. mounting the strips on the outside, or inside of my lights, and where to mount them!

Any feedback or pics would be cool too!

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I haven't done this yet, but Ive seen it done, and Ive seen it done both ways (in and outside of light). Personally I would recommend baking the light and putting a flex LED strip on the inside bottom of the light. you may need to drill a new hole in the back of the light to let the wires go through, just make sure to really seal it well. Then just hook the LEDs to your parking lights or something.

I have an extra set of headlights so I'll be doing this sometime soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i did it on mine... i used led strips and taped it under the headlights using 3m and i wired them to the parking lights. it never fell off and looked real good but if i were you i would do it on the inside because if you do wanna take them off your gonna have 2 yellow stips on your bumper. there was a guy who did it on his 370z... he drilled into the headlight housing and put a row of leds in each hole and it came out really good. you can probably find the thread on google.

·
Registered
170 Posts
but im debating doing the vents, one of my fogs just went out and have to replace it but dont feel like taking off the **** bumper to replace the light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.