Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always had a kickin stereo in my whips but my bro moved away and I dont know how to do that stuff myself. so I was wonderin bout Audio Express and there $1 install - whats the chatch? do they do a shitty job or jack up the prices??

·
Registered
70 Posts
i havent used them but I heard they charge more and they dont do a very clean install. you get what you pay for. of course if you dont care about how they run the wires as long as it works then go there. I dont know tho I havent used them

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I do my own installs. usually I go around and test all the speakers and stuff at different stores. Then search online for the best price on what I like. Lately I been running Cadiance. They are a great system for the price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that. what I want to know is do they jack up the prices to make up for the install and if it is an ok deal do they do an ok job on tha instalation?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I completely forgot about this... when I was shopping for an alarm and getting quotes, I found that their prices were higher than the installed price at the place I go through. So, yes, they need to make up that difference somehow. According to their site the $1 is only for labor. Custom installs, parts and supplies are all extra.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Audio Express is crap. My brother and I have both had bad experiences there. Go elsewhere...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have dealt with Audio Express many times. Hell I used to work there for about 4 years. It really depends on the store on what kind of work you got. I know the store I ran. All of us installers treated the cars like they where ours. But we also fixed alot of stuff from our other stores. So not all of them are bad.
I would ask to see their install bay. A install bay will tell you alot about someones work. If you go back there and it is all trashed and stuff laying everywhere. That usually means they dont really care about how things are done. I know my shop I hate stuff laying around. Drives me nuts. All my customers parts all have to be in certain places or it drives me nuts.

So back to AE. LOL.. Alot of times you can catch really good deals there. You just need to watch for it. Ask to see some of there past work as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts