Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you wanting an Auto on/off headlight capability on your 08 xB, I have it on mine. It is multi functional. The module is very reasonable, $42.00 DEI 545T + $7.95 S&H. The functions include, headlights on when wipers are activated, (DRL if you want them), with an alarm system you can set the delay headlights off to 10, 20, 30 seconds. There is an override switch, (similar to valet switch on alarms) with the override switch in the on position it overrides the sensor that activates the headlights. Your headlight (stock) switch still functions with the senor activated or deactivated. You operate the high beams normally (with the sensor activated or deactivated).

Having become accustomed to my M Series Infiniti there are some must haves on the 08 xB, and this was one that I immediately had done. It can be a DIY project ( I had mine professionally installed by a local shop for $49.70). :yes:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
08xBthrill said:
The model as stated is DEI 545T, (Directed Electronics Inc.), you can only purchase from an authorized dealer. The one that I found was www.autoperservers.com out of Dublin, OH.
Thanks a lot 08xBthrill!! :)

i have a place in the sfv that does installs of this type and stocks the different modules or can get them at a good price, so when i have some $$ am gonna get the auto-headlights and also an auto up/down module{s} for the front doors :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rainy season here in NYC and keep forgetting to shut lights off. Wanted to install this module to turn off automatically. Spoke to my local mechanic and he said that if I install it will not pass NYS inspection. Doesn't sound right. Any one ever hear of this?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm from NY and my wife's Camry has that feature and it passes inspection.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is neat. I was just thinking of looking to get that feature. I have driven at least twice that I know of without lights. With the digital dash and a well lit street its easy to assume your lights are on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used to install alot of these. We had to replace alot of them as well. They are a cool peice, but have some issues over time as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts