1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have this one. I haven't installed them yet.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do they attach?
(What are the mounting points like?)

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you look at he big overlay in the photo you can see a threaded stud on the vertical pieces (4 on the top and 4 on the bottom). There are also some brackets in the box. I haven't installed mine yet but will let you know.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the look of it, it seems to bolt onto the stock grill . . .

·
Registered
613 Posts
ive been looking at the BCOOL grille also...i need a set that will work with my fog lights...please post pics if you can! :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I corresponded with several companies who told me that the lights will shine thru the grill. I was hoping for a more professional look. I have considered the black woven wire mesh for the bottom and sides in black and the top grill in the same material in silver. I just got the light kit so I need to decide soon. The light kit requires you to remove the upper grill then the bumper and then the lower grill. You cut a place out to make room for the lights then bolt the grill and lights to the bumper. Returnthe bumper to the car then the top grill.

I only want to experience all that fun....ONCE.

Any thoughs on the two colors. BTW the 2009 box is stingray with stock wheels and black vent visors. I also added a molding strip painted to match.

Has anyone changed the fogs to HID lights? They use a compatable light..

·
Registered
474 Posts
Capt Richard said:
The light kit requires you to remove the upper grill then the bumper and then the lower grill. You cut a place out to make room for the lights then bolt the grill and lights to the bumper. Returnthe bumper to the car then the top grill.
The instructions provided for removing the front bumper cover are easy to follow....I did the mod by myself, the hardest part is cutting the lower grille for the foglights, but that should not be a show stopper. I do agree that it is something that you do not want to do every day...and I found with the CAI mod and the functional TRD vent that these mods can be done without removing the bumper cover...just remove the battery to install.

As for the "bolt-on" grille covers they do look good in the pictures...but, I have not seen any installed...and I have allready changed out my upper grille (very easy mod) and installed the foglights so the bolt-on is not for me.

Brewski

·
Registered
739 Posts
Here's a photo of he bolt on my car.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wow! That looks great....

Brewski

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks. Best part was I didn't have to remove the front bumper cover to install the lower grille. I just removed the top stock grille and reached down between the bumper cover and the radiator to be able to reach the bolts to install the brackets and nuts to hold the bottom grille in place. The install took about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
613 Posts
BigXBoy said:
I just got my Fig Grill from ebay. upper & Lower with the 2 vents. has anyone installed this grill?
i'm interested in this this one also, post pics when you get it installed!

·
Registered
474 Posts
BigXBoy said:
I just got my Fig Grill from ebay. upper & Lower with the 2 vents. has anyone installed this grill?
Can you give us a link and are the vent grills functional?

Brewski

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the link...I'm betting that the vents are a "cover up" and nonfunctional. But, I could be wrong...and it wouldn't be the first time.

Brewski

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JOEY G-xB said:
If you download the directions . . .
It looks like you remove the stock grills,
Drill small holes for EACH of the grill openings
Use ZIP TIES to attach the mesh grill into the spot drilled

So . . .
The side vents ARE open.  The instructions have the original solid ones bring unclipped and removed.  Then, the side vents are zip-tied there instead.

·
Registered
613 Posts
thats pretty much what i gathered out of it aswell.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Brewski stands corrected...the vent grilles are indeed functional....

Brewski

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.