Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I bought a brand new xb in 2009 due to circumstances beyond my control I lost it:crying:. Just when I started tweaking it to be mine. Now I'm gonna be in the market for a new one.:grin:Not going whole hog but I want a nice one! It'll probably be new . I came here for some advice on a few mods I want and someone to apply them since my health won't let me physically do the mods myself unless it's very "I mean very" minor. I can tell you I'm very picky about this cause I spent 40yrs as an auto tech. Am I in the right place? I'm hope ya'll will let me know.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Glad to hear it!!

There are a number of mods you can have done at the dealer, which will be part of the payments.

For suspension, the TRD springs/shocks/sway/strut bar mods make a significant difference in handling.

The spoiler/wing is popular, looks cool, but is non-functioning.

I like the C-pillar cubbies. They are small, but I find them useful enough.

What "types" of mods are you interested in?
Performance?
- Power?
- Handlng?

Looks?

Lights/Electronics?

Function?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
One set up idea:
TRD Big Brake kit
-17"or 18" rims
GOOD, sticky tires
--BF Goodrich G-Force Sport, or equivalent, are good for sticky, but don't have really long life (like 20-30,000 miles/set)

TRD:
Springs
Shocks
Strut brace
Rear Sway bar

TRD or another intake, header, cat-back exhaust
The best improvement will be as the ECU learns your driving style and tunes itself to you.

The main "advantage" to TRD is that it can be installed by the dealer, covered by warranty, and included in the payments. They can also be all installed yourself or with the help of another person (like a friend).
For each TRD item, there are also other brands that work well too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Might as well wait to see if 2015 brings a restyle. Otherwise I'm sure you'll get a nice discount on a 2013/14 model if you need one sooner....

·
Registered
844 Posts
After looking at the pic. on the first screen of this forum, it seems to me to be no difference in the 2015's, so therefore, I'd look at a '13 or '14 to see if you can get a clearance price. Any differences most likely will be minor and might be added on an older model.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
After looking at the pic. on the first screen of this forum, it seems to me to be no difference in the 2015's, so therefore, I'd look at a '13 or '14 to see if you can get a clearance price. Any differences most likely will be minor and might be added on an older model.
Just my opinion.
Dale I could be wrong but I'm assuming there's no way the current model will last until 2015, I would think it would be phased out or remodeled. And you're right there was little change between '08-'10 and '11-'14 the biggest change was the front end restyle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.