Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Pioneer DVD HU and it has a backup camera port and sense wire, got a camera from amazon for cheap and now I need to know from you guys how I should hook the thing up, I already know to use the line going to the backup light to tap in to that for power so the cam is only on with backup light... BUT where to tap in for the sensor on the radio? run a wire all the way back to the same tap as the power for the cam? or find someway of tapping in to the gear selection in the center console for that signal? I am sure others here have done the same.. Just asking advice.

By the way its the AVH-X8500BHS, over all a very nice radio.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My next days off are Friday and Saturday, I will work on it then, thanks for the info and I will let you all know if its fruitful. I will post up a Review of the radio on YouTube soon... For the steering wheel controls I used my existing adapter and just reset it, whats awesome is it programs itself to what it sees on either end.

I used http://[ame="http://[ame"This to not have to mess with the of cutting wires, that and it allows me to continue to use the AUX input from the center console if I needed it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also just got a b/u camera from e-bay. Can it be hooked to the existing touch screen in a 2013 XB? I looked on the back, but did not see a Video input.
I think there is a wire harness that you can get for it, not sure though as I recall seeing something about that when I was looking for mine.

here it is, but its refering to the alpine unit Back up Camera and Video question - Scion xB Lights & Electronics - Scion xB Forum not sure if that would work for your newer B.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
"The violet/white wire in the 16-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching"
Is what I found anyway
Goodluck!

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
There isnt one that ive found but I would assume you would have to add a length of wire to do it yes, either solder or use a butt connector

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.