Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the so called 'back-up sensor' ?

I have several experiences that hits the pole or wall when I backed up with my old car before. :p

So I'm thinking getting a back-up sensor for my xb but um...not like regular car, we have only ONE back-up light(which I love about Xb designing :) )!

It matters (I think. I'm not sure thou) to installation. I was reading some installation guide and every guide was saying how to connect sendor to TWO back-up lights.

Instead of drilling rear bumper and stick ultrasonic sensors in, I'm thinking something like this one below which I don't need to drill my rear bumper.

So, Has anyone installed?

Any recommendations and advices will be appreciated.

Benny

· Registered
47 Posts
I know your not interested in drilling your bumper, but the Rumion in Japan has a factory option for sensors that include a LED indicator to say area the "danger" is coming from.

I'm not sure about the part number, but TRD Sparks might be able to help you out.

Here's a pic.

G

·
Very cool Doku do you have a link for that?

Im also interested in finding a censor/cam as well if anyone has any more info we would sure love to hear it.

· Registered
47 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link doku! :)

But I checked it with TRDsparks.com but I don't think they have it.

And there are lots of similar items on ebay I found.(One that works with ultrasonic sensors which means I have to drill the rear bumper :( )

And I just called my local toyota dealer for installation of back up sensors, and they told me it will cost me $575 including sensor kit.

$575 dollars? :eek: Good lord!

I'm looking for some cheaper body shop abound my area.

Oh and I found this installation clip from youtube.

Unfortunately no one posted for scion Xb but I'd like to share just for the concept of back up sensor installation.

It's quiet a job actually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.